easylangauge

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by clarodina, Jun 13, 2010.

1. You would need to Download a bunch of TS specific DLLs for this to work. I thought the author of this post had TS. I gave the link because I'm not going to post dozens of pages of code and links that wouldn't work unless one had TS anyway.

#11     Jun 15, 2010
  2. Now that I have a little time, I can post a few examples from code I wrote.

Global variable sender indicator:

if LastbaronChart then Begin
    dummy = GVSetinteger(1, data);
    end;

this sets integer global variable 1 to the integer stored in the variable data.

Global variable receiver indicator:

dummy = GVgetinteger(1);

if LastbaronChart then Begin
    Plot1( dummy, "Plot1" ) ;

end;

this sets variable dummy to what was stored in global integer variable 1 in the sender indicator on a different chart.

The key for this is you have to use lastbaronchart since this as written will only work real time. It takes a lot more code to make GVs backtestable.

I am using this exact same technique in a strategy I have automated. One sender chart sends an integer to a receiver chart of a different interval.

All data everywhere (ADE)

Now for the hard stuff. ADE allows you to backtest easily but requires a little more than GVs.

ADE sender:

If ( Chart=1 ) then name="data1";
    If ( Chart=2 ) then name="data2";
    If ( Chart=1 ) then data=data1;
    If ( Chart=2 ) then data=data2;
    dummy = infomapdummy.Put(InfoMap, name, data);
    {assorted DLL code I wont repeat}

ADE receiver:
    {DLL code to define the different intervals from two sender charts}

data1 = infomapdummy.get(infomap,"data1");
    data2 = infomapdummy.get(infomap,"data2");

I have this working where two sender charts of different intervals and symbols send data to a receiver chart. The backtesting works. Haven't finished the testing to automate though...

#12     Jun 18, 2010
  3. endsong is possible for your code to implement in ts2000i? any dlls require?

#13     Jun 20, 2010
  4. Hi clarodina. I haven't used ts 2000i. This is for TS version 8.x. You have to ask their tech support if they have a forum/ web site with global variable/all data everywhere stuff for that platform. The DLLs for 8.x are third party, I believe.

#14     Jun 23, 2010
  5. endsong,

before ts close their forum to the public previously, did download the all data everywhere code and dll and is possible to work in ts2000i. however reinstall platform and all are lost

#15     Jun 23, 2010
  6. ET99

ET99

do a google for it. the codes have been posted in various forums.

#16     Jun 23, 2010