Easy Win for Obama in 2012?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by shortie, Sep 9, 2011.

Obama to win or to lose in 2012?

1. Obama wins

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  2. Obama loses

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  1. Maverick74

Maverick74

No incumbent has ever won the Presidency with unemployment over 7.5%. Do the math.

#11     Sep 9, 2011
  2. rew

rew

You are right about the chickenhawk neocons. While most of them are Republicans, Obama has shown us that even a former left wing Democratic senator can become a neocon chickenhawk once he's in office as President. I liked the foreign policy of candidate Obama much better.

#12     Sep 9, 2011
  3. Max E.

Max E.

If it was anyone besides Obama i would think it was a lock for republicans to win, but the left wing media clearly has an agenda to make sure he does not end up looking like a failure in the history books. I think we are going to see them kick it into a gear we haven't even seen yet with the false cries of racism over the next 14 months. As well as the cries over how extreme the Tea Party is for wanting atrocious ideas like a balanced budget.

I really think that was the whole reason Obama came up with this vague jobs plan yesterday, he needs some sort of wedge issue that the media will be all to happy to lap up, in order make it out as if this whole mess is the racist republicans fault, for not going along with more of Obama's failed policies.

#13     Sep 9, 2011
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Indeed when it comes to foreign policy most dems are also hypocrites, they are always all to willing to wage war when they are in power, so there really is no difference in foreign policy between the 2.

However contrary to De-Ranged Rover repeatedly telling us that lots of liberals would vote for Ron Paul over Obama, only about 12% would vote for him over Obama, which is the same number as Bachmann. So i didnt even bother going over the reason the left hates him, because it is totally different, they really despise him mostly because he wants limited government.

#14     Sep 9, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah but independent voters who will decide this election don't pay attention to the media or watch the news. They will vote with their pocketbook like they always do. Obama's approval ratings among independents is lower then Mel Gibson's with Jews. Yeah, it's that bad.

#15     Sep 9, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Aren't the democrats the ones who have started all but one of the wars of the last 100 years?

#16     Sep 9, 2011
  7. Eight

Eight

FDR

#17     Sep 9, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Pretty much

#18     Sep 9, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

I should have said, since FDR. It won't happen.

#19     Sep 9, 2011
  10. So you massaged the data to get the outcome you wanted. Good luck with this type of strategy!

some interesting data on unemployment under FDR:

Unemployment fell dramatically in Roosevelt's first term, from 25% when he took office to 14.3% in 1937. Afterward, however, it increased to 19.0% in 1938 ('a depression within a depression') and 17.2% in 1939, and stayed high until it almost vanished during World War II

WIKI

#20     Sep 9, 2011