Easy to find a job in nyc ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Frenchy, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Once again, people do not know what they are talking about.

You can get more than 1:10 without the licensing at min 2 firms in NYC. The groups under those firms have capital up to get the BP, it worked the same way in the licensed groups.
    The days of Series 7 & Series 55 equaling anything special are over. Being NASD licensed is just extra hassles from regulation and wastes of time with the testing.

#21     Oct 16, 2005
  2. selecto

selecto Guest

Used to keep an apartment in New York, know it well, and just returned from a visit.

New York is a very expensive city and while there is much to enjoy there, most of it is expensive also. It is much romanticized. Most everybody is bustin' for a buck in a not particularly lovely town, and somewhat desperately grabbing an affordable pleasure now and then.

If you can make money, I doubt that most in London will give a hoot what your tie looks like. Plus, there is a degree of charm there, even some civilization, of which New York is bereft.

Rome? Ah... Rome.

#22     Oct 16, 2005
  3. ny. i love it. rents are high -- it's a landlord's market. food is really mediocre. easy to find a job at minimum wage. it takes 45 minutes to get anywhere. the women are psychopaths. it's the best of times, it's the worst of times.

#23     Oct 16, 2005
  4. How hard is Series 7 option questions and what % are
    option related questions? and what other catogary are
    harder?

#24     Oct 16, 2005
  5. Neodude

Neodude

Not very hard... as long as you can compute profit/loss/breakeven on stradles and stangles you should be fine. When I took it there were a lot of options questions. I hated the IRA/retirement plan stuff, but thats just because it was a lot to memorize. The options part is the hardest part math wise... the bonds math is simple stuff.

#25     Oct 16, 2005
  6. thanks, i know about options, already, that's means it
    should take me long to prepare.

#26     Oct 20, 2005