Easy question about indexes (commodity?)

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by billb2112, Apr 16, 2003.

1. I'm looking for the ability to buy shares in some commodities or their appropriate indexes. I don't want to buy futures, options, or the commodity itself, I'm looking for something like gold bugs that has shares I can hold for the long or short term.

Anyway, I mention gold bugs, is there a list of others like gold bugs for say, oil? natural gas? banking index?

Thanks.

2. If you're interested in cattle and grain complex, check out the stock CRESUD (ticker/ CRESY). It's an Argentinian company that owns huge amounts of farmland and raises feeder cattle mostly.
    They grow cotton, soybeans, etc. etc.

3. Thanks for that suggestion. I'll check that out. I guess I'm looking for anything cyclical. Cows, banks, cotton, semiconductors, pork bellies, airlines ... it doesn't matter. But like I said, I'd like to trade shares ... not futures or options on indexes.

I thought there might be a pretty simple, concise list of something like this somewhere. If not, no biggie.

Thanks again for the reply.

4. I hope you say contracts... rather than shares...

5. Any updates on this. I heard that someone objected during the objection period. Any idea who or why?

6. m22au

m22au

Calandra has been writing recently that the GLD etf is closer to happening ... but I'll believe it when I see it.

7. Thanx