Easy Pairs Trading Scalping Strategy

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by CyborgTrading, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Scrody

Scrody

This is exactly why I have less than 10 posts in 5 yrs. PM's are the only way to have an intelligent conversation it seems. A quick browse of your last 20 posts is very telling. You bounce from topic to topic hating on everything and everyone. Perhaps it's time someone got a girlfriend.....or if that's too big a step maybe a hobby? If you say I'm the Grand Master of Cyborg then it must be true. I also mentioned hammers so clearly I'm the CEO of Home Depot as well. 500 posts since April 2009 multiplied by the average trader life expectancy of less than a year....hopefully we only have to endure another 200-300 useless posts. I would write more but my time actually has value.

#31     Oct 6, 2009
  2. This thread has gone nowhere fast. It looks like a possible multi-alias bump thread of the same person talking to himself, and yet it started out reasonable, until I noticed this is a "grey box" forum post. Pairs trades are highly quantitative, and are not subject to intervention. Set in stone values define the oversold, and overbought thresholds, and securities can fluctuate around these levels many times until they go deeper down below or above those thresholds. The problem Cyborg is missing, and it really shows his inexperience with the methodology, is that pairs trades are based on the ratio of the two securities. That is, when the ratio is the same at any time frame, the trick is to find the best time frame, and it is not at any intraday level as the OP implies, it is a daily swing trading method.

#32     Oct 6, 2009
  3. The only ones defending Cyborg seem to have to 0-20 posts. And there are plenty of them. The multi-alias is correct. And Cyborg suggesting these "almost cannot miss" is ludicrously illegal. Anyone with serious experience in trading knows it is not true and also likely knows you cannot push your product that way.

#33     Oct 6, 2009
  4. minmike

minmike

STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!

I can't even tell what they do, but they don't know the first thing about about the concerns of a pro spread trader.

#34     Oct 13, 2009

5. What concerns do you have minmike? I can address any that you may have.

#35     Oct 13, 2009
  6. minmike

minmike

Real world spread traders get legged all of the time. Unless there are exchange created spread markets, this is a fact of life. Some products might reduce this, but none emilminate it.

Such disregard for those risks in the statement "...you almost can't lose" Is disgraceful for a pro.

#36     Oct 13, 2009
  7. minmike

minmike

Thanks for addressing my concerns.

#37     Oct 22, 2009
  8. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

Hey sorry for the late reply. Your right getting legged is a huge issue for spread traders and one that is impossible to eliminate.
    You are also right that some products can reduce this issue.
    I am not trying to goad you, but just try Cyborg and see how it effects your legging.
    You will also likely appreciate the spread markets that you can create where you can buy sell bid or offer spread prices with a simple mouse click. Many of our spread traders have found that our interface allows them to trade several spread products simultaneously with minimal legging.

#38     Oct 22, 2009
  9. minmike

minmike

My main concern is how your employee trivialized such large risks. It was very unprofessional. Do you agree?

Normal spread traders can already trade spreads with a single mouse click. Myself included.

Why do you think you are faster? What products are slower than yourself? Give some specifics instead of these glowing generalities that tell people absolutely nothing.

#39     Oct 22, 2009
  10. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

Sterling Trader Pro does not have any point and click auto spreaders addons other then Cyborg that I am aware of, certainly none with comparable sophistication.
    Also,
    Spread Trading is just a small part of what the platform offers.
    Take a look at our website at http://cyborgtrading.com
    Also here are few example videos including some one of our smart spreader that you may be interested in.
    http://www.youtube.com/CyborgTrading#p/u/10/tDCMieljKMA - smart spreader.
    some other interesting videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/CyborgTrading#p/u/0/ngwpcJy7CTA
    http://www.youtube.com/CyborgTrading#p/u/18/lD-K6uchT_s

#40     Oct 22, 2009