Easy Language Questions

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Steve Alexander, Jul 26, 2017.

1. As usual, "We,ll look into it."

#11     Aug 12, 2017
  2. O(1)

O(1)

3. I don't know. I have not seen that in TradeStation, but I'll try it. Thanks!

#13     Aug 12, 2017
  4. dartmus

dartmus

Definitely ...

User error combined with weak debugging skills.

Along with not following protocol of posting code to replicate your issue. This is a basic requirement, understood by all. Or it should be, at least by anyone with 1/10th of the skill you've claimed in numerous threads on ET.

Along with an agenda, other than what you stated. You have at least 2 out of your 100 posts in which you offer consulting and mentoring for $100 per hour. One of which suggests 40 to 50 hours would be about right.

My suggestion for next time is try being sincere.

#14     Aug 12, 2017
  5. #15     Aug 12, 2017
  6. O(1)

O(1)

i've never used easy language. just trying to help... And, when i searched around a bit, it seemed that entryprice is the initial price that the position was started at. and, i didnt find much else. that's horrible! hard to believe there isnt a way to access trade info

I saw an AvgEntryPrice. if you had to could you do something like..

(AvgEntryPrice * number of trades in a position) - container of previous prices of trades in position

#16     Aug 12, 2017
  7. dartmus

dartmus

Anyone with experience writing strategies in TS will recognize there's something odd going on in this thread. The truth of whether the entryprice reserved word works "as advertised" is easily verifiable by anyone with beginner level coding skills.

Setting that aside, there is yet another separate and distinct method for directly accessing the value of entryprice, again using nothing more than (yet again) 3 additional built-in reserved words, ...consecutively, in the correct order ...without using the entryprice keyword... and without the need to write any custom code.

Additionally, even beginners should be able to think thru the logical requirements and easily write custom code to access the value of their entryprice, ...without needing to use any of these reserved words. Simply using math and logic.

#17     Aug 12, 2017
  8. dartmus

dartmus

It's mind boggling how anyone claiming to have written 200 strategies can't figure out how to determine entryprice.

#18     Aug 12, 2017
  9. I haven't seen an answer yet. It would seem to be easy, but apparently not so trivial. The function you mentioned may work in MultiCharts. It is NOT available in TradeStation.

#19     Aug 12, 2017
  10. O(1)

O(1)

I was the one that mistakenly posted a link to a MultiCharts function. NOT dratsum.

Would you mind posting a snip of your code and the output so that others may be able to help..

#20     Aug 12, 2017