Easter: The silliest story ever told

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Zeitheist? Oh, that's that movie that says that because the official story we've received about Jesus is confusing, Jesus was not a historical figure at all. That's like saying that because the official story about 911 is confusing, there were never any twin towers.

#51     Apr 9, 2010
  2. Jesus is terribly slow in doing things and seems to be non-existent.

Satan on other hand is everywhere and takes very good care of his own.

All hail Satan.

#52     Apr 9, 2010
  3. LOL so to prove the bible now we have to read another book. Funny man peil. I've already wasted quite a few hours reading the bible and listening to bible thumpers and going to church. But that was in my youth and fitting in was a lot more important to me then than now. I did enjoy the social part of church, but not enough to listen to fairy tales every week. If "The Book" didn't have the magic, or logic to convert me I doubt wasting a few more hours on curve fitted science/bible book will do the job either. If your boy in this new book really invalidates Einstein and all of modern science I'll be reading about it soon enough anyway.

EDIT: I just looked up the author on wiki James Ussher (sometimes spelled Usher) (4 January 1581 – 21 March 1656) . How could science overlook such a fact filled book(according to you).
    Looks like you need to contact your local universities science department and give them a copy of the book so they can get the department shut down before the fall semester starts, it'd be a shame for our youth to waste another hour studying junk science and physics.
    I think we've found your calling in life Peil, shutting down the science departments in the worlds universities.

#53     Apr 9, 2010
  4. lol. you think maybe scientific knowledge has advanced a little bit since this guy lived?

About the Author
    James Ussher devoted himself wholly to the defense of the Christian Faith. Born in Dublin, Ireland in 1581

start here:
    http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/p82.htm
    History of the Collapse of "Flood Geology" and a Young Earth

#54     Apr 9, 2010
  5. good for you:D

#55     Apr 9, 2010
  6. LOL :D

#56     Apr 9, 2010
    #57     Apr 9, 2010
  8. Just like a Far Rightster to rely on false attribution.

#58     Apr 9, 2010
  9. jem

jem

Stu are you a top physicist... No
    Have a I produced top physicists who say that our universe looked finely tuned. Yes.
    Have I produced some of their calculations. Yes.
    Have you produced any science to argue with their statements No.

Everything you say is based on your own emotions. You are arguing with top scientists. Not me.

#59     Apr 9, 2010
  10. You are a stupid turd. No offense.
    We're still cool, right?:cool:

#60     Apr 9, 2010