Easter Approaches

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MarketMasher, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Quite frankly an atheist arguing something completely contained within religion makes about as much sense as listening to a blind since birth person arguing what their favorite color is.

#31     Mar 16, 2013
  2. Quite frankly, you considering yourself a Christian is a joke. You are one the personal salvation types and none of the inconvenient stuff "believer". I may be an atheist but I have far more understanding of what Jesus meant then you ever will. Typical Christian in name only.

#32     Mar 17, 2013
  3. So predictable. Like a parrot. A dumb one.

#33     Mar 17, 2013
  4. Atheist's always impress me with their knowledge of Jesus and religion. I may be a blind ingnorant follower and can depend on a learned atheist follower of Jesus right beside me. Ironically we have a lot in common, we both follow Jesus.

#34     Mar 17, 2013
  5. pspr

pspr

Then why didn't you predict it, dumbass?
    You can't believe what FC says. He tells lies because he doesn't think there will be a penalty for lying in the end. And, of course he thinks he is all knowing. In reality he only has the mental capacity of a 1st grader.

#35     Mar 17, 2013
  6. 1) Please see my second post, question#2.
    2) Please do explain I' don't know what you are talking about?
    3) What do you want, a fucking cookie? Considering the fact that I LIVED AND WORKED in a monastery for a year: I find it rather amusing for your claim that you know far more than I(will ever know) on the meaning of Christ . Rather odd that you either claim to have done more contemplation on the subject or were somehow especially adept in the skill and depth of such to KNOW THERE IS NO GOD. :confused:

4) Come on at least be honest and say you don't respect Christians.

#36     Mar 17, 2013
  7. I don't respect CINO's. Those are the one's like you with no empathy or sympathy and are only in it because you think it will get you into heaven or absolve you of your sins so you can feel better. That's what I mean by personal salvation without doing the hard work of altruism.

#37     Mar 17, 2013
  8. 1)I think you are a bit confused and you certainly did not address question #2 of my second post.

2) I can assure you my conscience is free, no matter what you assume.

3) oh my I'm the one who hasn't done THE HARD WORK OF ALTRUISM?
    REALLY? REALLY?
    3b) I must admit I was unaware that altruism purchased one's salvation or place in heaven. I guess I'll have to get right on it mr ATHEIST expert on salvation and entry criteria for heaven.

#38     Mar 17, 2013
  9. Perhaps I have you figured wrong. You always seem to take pride in not giving a shit about anyone else and question the need for ethics and morality and seem to revel in selfishness. If it's just a facade and in fact you are a giving, empathetic upstanding example of the best in Christianity I apologize.

#39     Mar 17, 2013
  10. I've always told it here like I see it. I've never pretended to be a spiritual sheep and compassion is not synonymous with marshmallows and icecream.
    1)Pride and confidence are 2 entirely separate things.

2) I'm not sure where you get that I have no ethics or morality, perhaps I don't but then again guilt is NOT my forte either.

3) I can always tell when someone is stunted in practical philosophy when they are fixated on selfishness as if it was an exclusively negative thing.
    That and an overweening concern about greed or inequalities that they see around them.

I do remember getting into a religious discussion and dressing down a hare krisna at the sandiego airport. I think other travelers were both relieved and kinda amused. I simultaneously kept him from unwantedly pestering other people and obviously made this haughtly lil asshole of a monk uncomfortable. Something that was quite the role reversal for them and him.:D :D

#40     Mar 17, 2013