Easter Approaches

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MarketMasher, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Wallet

Wallet

And Jesus said. don't worry about the splinter in your brother's eye, worry about the log that's in your eye.

Every sin, from homosexuality down to pride and slander will be punished.

#11     Mar 16, 2013
  2. But not equally. Some sins god hates, others are an abomination, according to the good book.

#12     Mar 16, 2013
  3. Wow you sound like an angry old BM.:D

#13     Mar 16, 2013
  4. Wallet

Wallet

I read it a little differently.

Which is greater, the degree of sin that separates you from the worst mass-killing, child-abusing convict in prison, or the degree of sin that separates you from God?

#14     Mar 16, 2013
  5. I never pretended to be a biblical scholar since you evidently pretend to be one , which is worst hate or abomination ?:D

#15     Mar 16, 2013
  6. 1.Jesus was a special entity - Shaktyavesha Avatar-means empowered with God`s potency(titiksava karunika,etc...),so,no doubt i believe in Him and all the Glories to Him!The only 'problem' is that He came for the most fallen ones,who`ve,in turn,distorted the Knowledge on their behalf,to make it therefore confused and misleading,(check Constantine the Great,for e.g.,the emperor who`s abolished the Karma law by his wife`s request:D) but it could be the first step for those,willing to progress,indeed.
    2.Everybody does!
    3.It was a part of His pastimes.He was able to make people alive.How do you think it`s possible to crucified Him?Anyway,he died endogenic death in India at the age of ~70

#16     Mar 16, 2013
  7. By "Christian behavior", I take it to mean the scandals of the Church. But I was not referring to the Church, which often has nothing to do with the ways of Jesus Christ, at least as he behaved in the Bible. That is why it #1 was worded as such.

But let's for argument's sake take an example, like:
    Whom do you and the group you associate with (the "society" you cleave to) revile most?
    In the time and place of the New Testament, the almost universal answer would be: Romans and Tax Collectors.

However, Jesus not only broke bread with a Tax Collector, he asked one to join him.
    Do you know what parable Jesus told of Romans?

Jesus forgave a whore who would suffer rightful execution under the law. What would you do?

:D

#17     Mar 16, 2013
  8. jem

jem

exactly....

Would Christ care more about a person having homosexual sex, pre maritial sex or someone who was trying to steer someone away from his teaching and his church by telling him his was too big a sinner.

Harming children and leading people away from God and steering people away from Jesus's teaching of forgiveness is not really the road I would consider traveling.

If you let Jesus in your life and you read the bible, I personally believe Jesus will take care of the sins in his way.

#18     Mar 16, 2013
  9. So what did we learn from this simple observation?

That there are at least 4 groups:

1) Those who don't believe in Jesus Christ. The rest is irrelevant to them.
    2) Those who say they believe in Jesus Christ and try to emulate his behavior as is related in the Bible (given their human frailities and foibles)
    3) Those who say they believe in Jesus Christ but do not seek to emulate his behavior as is related in the Bible (possibly using it as a cover for some attempt at authority. These are the modern-day "Pharisees" condemned by Jesus in the Bible.)
    4) Those who say they believe in Jesus Christ but actively oppose emulating his behavior as is related in the Bible (sometimes referred to "Satanists" or whatever other name or nameless group...).

So - they shall be known by what they do....

Only 2 stars for this thread? But no one has disputed the afore-cited examples as the behavior of Jesus Christ in the Bible.

Maybe it was rated by a #1. Or a #3. :D

#19     Mar 16, 2013
  10. It doesn't really matter. You are a sodomite, god made a special example out of them.

#20     Mar 16, 2013