Easiest way to trade friends and family money?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by pistolpt, May 3, 2012.

1. insidertraders

insidertraders Guest

You are asking people for advice from amateurs or people who have never traded other people's money.

It's like asking a 13 year old about financial planning or retirement planning

Easiest way is just be a financial advisor license with an investment firm and have them as clients. That is how professionals trade or manage other people's money and if you cannot get the financial advisor license and get certified, why are you giving advice to family and friends or trading other people's money? A professional is someone who is giving advice or trading other people's money. Giving advice and Trading other people's money or if you are employed in a company that gives advice or manage other people's money is the difference between amateur/retail and "professional status".

With less than 15 people, it considered like an investment or trading club and you cannot advertise your services to the public if you are not licensed.

#21     May 4, 2012
  2. Amazing the range of responses I get here. Some don't bother to read my follow up posts.
    Also agree with the 13 year olds poster.

#22     May 5, 2012
  3. OP is talking about using an algo he made which
    he wants to trade his family's money based on the warm fuzzy feeling he got from looking at his backtest. He has stated his system made 76% live but had very wild swings. Automatic recipe for disaster and you encourage the guy to be an FA so he can be a "professional" just like you. Funniest shit i've ever heard.

OP, I've had a change of heart.

Welcome to the market ,

call uncle billy bob and tell him that things are looking great and to send more $$$

Oh and don't forget to tell him there will be a 2% fee regardless .

:)

#23     May 5, 2012
  4. Just tack on another 20% incentive fee and negative performance and I might as well call myself paulson.

#24     May 5, 2012
  5. In the world of managing OPM you make your bread and butter from fees. You talk to your clients like Obama talks to the public, you try to insist everything is fine and just add more money to fix the problems when they arise.

In the world of trading independently you eat what you kill and if you don't kill you get eaten.

#25     May 5, 2012
  6. I am a billionaire on back tests.

#26     May 7, 2012
  7. Wow I hope you know that those numbers are scary, not good scary.

#27     May 7, 2012
  8. Yeah, only when the 2 year backtests went into the billions is when I started to make money.

Of course I know that's not possible. Position limits are the only problem.

#28     May 7, 2012
  9. get all the money you can....

then, as part of operational expenses, travel the world and look at commodities and how the supply chain works.

travel to every country, just in case.

monthly, ask for more money...you know they have more!!!

if demand looks good at the market, buy!!!

this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity...

you must do it!!!

start in new zealand.

#29     May 7, 2012