Earthquake & Tsunami in Japan Happening Now

Discussion in 'Economics' started by FroggerMan, Mar 11, 2011.

1. benwm

benwm

my main concern is that radioactive leak
    Kyodo news agency just said the radioactivity levels are higher

I hope they can get that thing under control

#41     Mar 11, 2011
  2. According to the stock market... not only is it NOT "the end of the world", rather it's a "buying opportunity".

#42     Mar 11, 2011
  3. "We didn't just rescue the economy we put it on the strongest footing for the future," Obama said. "And along the way we saved the auto industry and a few other things."

Obama noted that when he took office, "this country was going through as tough a time economically, as tough a time financially, as any period since the 1930s." As a result, he said, his administration "had to make a series of quick decisions, and often times unpopular decisions."

While calling for less fighting between Republicans and Democrats, President Obama also sent a message last night to critics -- the so-called birthers -- who say he was not born in the United State (and is therefore ineligible for the presidency).

"I was born in Hawaii, what can I say?" Obama told Democratic donors in Boston. "I can't change those facts."

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=216774

#43     Mar 11, 2011
  4. Consumer confidence falls more than expected and market increases?? Call it what you like but macro conditions don't support current levels......However, with QE2 aka PPT in action all common sense is gone.

#44     Mar 11, 2011
  5. Police arrest 16 in twisted gang rape of 11-year-old girl in Texas

The girl, told police at least 20 people attacked her last Thanksgiving. The vicious assult was caught on camera and video, authorities said.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=216718

#45     Mar 11, 2011
  6. man...hope japan recovers.
    the nuclear plants too...super dangerous.

#46     Mar 11, 2011
  7. They had a similar issue a few years back with an earthquake near another nuke. The big issue is that the cooling water that covers the spent fuel is in a large pool. The water is slopped out with wave action. Then need cooling water pumps and "ultra clean" cooling water.

Sounds like they may have a potential leak at one nuke station. Report that the US is sending cooling water to help them.

#47     Mar 11, 2011
  8. pupu

pupu

The movie hereafter has a good scene of what a coming trunami looks like from ground level

Anyways markets seem happy. FED>Nature.

#48     Mar 11, 2011
  9. WTF does this have to do with a tsunami? Are you that desperate for attention, you have to link that here?

#50     Mar 11, 2011