Earthquake & Tsunami in Japan Happening Now

Discussion in 'Economics' started by FroggerMan, Mar 11, 2011.

1. it's really not that bad, 2004 Indian ocean was only 1000X worse

#31     Mar 11, 2011
  2. benwm

benwm

Well, there's
    a fire in Kesennuma, Miyagi that covers an area 4.5 km by 2.5 km
    a potential radiocative leak
    a dam that just burst...
    Economically it's significant because Japan is the 3rd largest economy in the world.

Not sure how you can say 2004 one was 1000x times worse?

:confused:

#32     Mar 11, 2011
  3. I think he/she mean number of dead, approx. 200, 000 in 04.

#33     Mar 11, 2011
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

#34     Mar 11, 2011
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

6. benwm

benwm

but at least Japan had made contingency plans:-

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/inA-36YRV0Y?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/inA-36YRV0Y?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

#36     Mar 11, 2011
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

8. let's just pray for the people of japan. It looks like i am just watching the 2012 movie. But now, it is really happening!. we people must now change. Or else, it will be the end of all us. Let us pray for now.

#38     Mar 11, 2011
  9. Are you serious 2012? THE MOVIE!

I wonder how many nuts are going to "Off" themselves because they thing the world is ending.

Patterns people. Japan is an Quake zone. The area that it hit has quakes all the time. This happen to be the biggest one in 100 years.

100 years! New Orleans was hit by a hell of a Hurricane after 80 plus years pass or more, since the last devastating hurricane to hit the gulf.

The Polls are shifting, as the airports of to re-calculate their degrees for their landing strips, but I do not believe the world is ending.

If Tokyo were to be completely leveled at the same time as San Fran, and Chicago ( which also sits near a fault line), then I may change my mind about the end of the world.

I pray for those in Japan who were effected. But I doubt its the end of the world.

#39     Mar 11, 2011
  10. What strikes me the most is the cars on the road seem to be driving the fucking speed limit still and they seem to be being obeying the rules still !!!! WTF :confused:

I'm pretty sure I would be pushing 200 kmph straight across the closest farmers field if i damn well had to.

It's hard to tell as well but why are drivers still driving the length of the road and not heading the opposite direction ???

I mean it seems pretty hard to miss the 40 ft high boat coming straight at you from your right.

CRAZY stuff man !!!!!!

My prays go out to these people but hello .... SELF PRESERVATION PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!

#40     Mar 11, 2011