Earth versus Humans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oldtime, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Tell you what when man makes a terrestrial planet, you might have a point, until then your point is stupid at best.

#11     Aug 31, 2012
  2. wjk

wjk

“The planet will shake us off like a bad case of fleas…”

George Carlin

#12     Aug 31, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

1) Are we not part of the ecosystem as an animal of earth?

2) You really believe even God cannot undo or prevent acts of man?

#13     Aug 31, 2012
  4. Please read the other post about how fix your compulsion to call people names and put others down. You really don't need to do that. Try something new, try to share something that adds to the conversations. And, I'm not putting you down, I keep saying that I think you're better than this.

Here's a shortened version in case you missed it.

why do some people criticize and put people down?
    Of course its quite acceptable that a person criticizes someone else in order to let him avoid a certain mistake in the future. For example a boss can criticize an employee when he makes a mistake or a parent can criticize his child for the same reason.

but why do some people seem to criticize and put others down for no apparent reason?
    What motivates those people to act this way?

According to the person's point of view, if i put everyone down then i will be the only one remaining who is worthy.

This usually happens out of a jealousy and inferiority feelings. It happened to me more than once that friends who were not close to me tried to put me or down or to prove to me that i achieved no success in life. Of course they never do it directly but you can easily guess it from the questions they ask you.

"So Farouk, don't you think you wasted your life blogging without doing something useful?"

That's the type of question you get from a jealous person who feels worthless deep inside and who wants to put you down in order to steal a quick victory.

#14     Aug 31, 2012
  5. Your mental development seems a bit stunted.
    You perceive an attack against one of your ideas as a personal attack and belittlement .

You see , YOU are the one that keeps accusing myself of having an inferiority complex , the fact that you twist things in your own mind to convince you that I've called you a name or put YOU down is evidence of YOUR inferiority complex at work , not mine .

#15     Aug 31, 2012

6. Your mental development seems a bit stunted.
    You perceive an attack against one of your ideas as a personal attack and belittlement .

You see , YOU are the one that keeps accusing myself of having an inferiority complex , the fact that you twist things in your own mind to convince you that I've called you a name or put YOU down is evidence of YOUR inferiority complex at work , not mine .
    [/QUOTE]

No, let me please correct you. I have no concerns about you calling me stupid or whatever. I have a concern about your obsession with having to try to put down an entire race of people to make yourself appear smarter. That's all. And, again, you really don't need to do that, do you?

#16     Aug 31, 2012
  7. I don't know. God gave man free will, and He allows much disaster and horrifying things to occur on Earth. If we count on Him to save the Earth, even though we possess free will, not something to count on, IMO.

#17     Aug 31, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

1) So, if there is a God and he lets Man annihilate his home so that all men die then that will be the end of his experiment and/or battle with evil on earth. If he does that it is his choice and his choice as to what happens with our individual spirits and souls. He may not wish it to end this way and he may alter events.

2) But, if there is no God and Man annihilates his home so that all men die then there there will be nothing to stop it and there is nothing lost anyway since we are just a bunch of ants with big brains scurrying around with no higher purpose than our short, meager existence and our lives are really meaningless anyway. Bring on the big event asteroid already, then.

Take your pick.

#18     Aug 31, 2012
  9. A bit more optimistic here. Choice 3, perhaps with our mental acuity, we can solve the problems caused by mankind. Perhaps even help God, as many believe we can, by doing the right things with nature. We know that Atomic bombs can't be a good thing overall, and we should understand science well enough to realize that it's probably a good thing to keep some rain forests alive. And so on.

#19     Aug 31, 2012
  10. pspr

pspr

Won't happen. There are too many evil men and evil empires on the planet. The only hope is God.

#20     Aug 31, 2012