Earth to Republican party

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Apr 30, 2009.

1. And just what would that GOP leader run on . . . fiscal restraint? :D

As dumb as Palin was, even SHE KNEW exactly why the GOP had no chance to win last November. Doubling the national debt under Bush did not help the GOP's cause.

#21     Apr 30, 2009
  2. Prop 13 only affects only those properties than were owned before 1979. Any buying or selling after that is taxed at current Cali rates.

#22     Apr 30, 2009
  3. #23     Apr 30, 2009
  4. OMG!! I didn't even know that! So roughly 1.25% on new purchases, eh?

#24     Apr 30, 2009
  5. Which one do you think it is?
    :p

#25     Apr 30, 2009
  6. 5 to 7k square feet in IV? $695,000 max. :D

#26     Apr 30, 2009

7. Dude you should stop pimping your meaningless IQ score. I took Calculus when I was 13 and was the only one in my high school to complete 6 years of science (AP Chem, AP Bio, AP Physics B) plus (AP Calculus AB & AP Calculus BC) as well IB Diploma(and a boatload of other AP courses). I would eat mensa members for breakfast.

Your post was pure demagoguery. Taxes at your local/state level are not controlled by the federal government. If you don't like them you vote for different people in the muni/state elections. Here in Florida we don't have state income tax for individuals and sales taxes is quite reasonable. Your property taxes vary by locality and issues faced. Nobody forces you to live in Ft. Lauderdale (if you live there) or Boca/Palm Beach/Miami you can live in Jacksonvilly/Tally/Tampa/Orlando etc. Want to live in paradise? You have to pay for it.

http://www.kff.org/medicare/upload/7305_03.pdf According to this document Out of total medicare financing only 3% is covered by payments from states 12% is by beneficiaries themselves, 41% is from payroll taxes and 39% from general revenue. From what i read general revenue is not a category for payments from states(it says typically money from income taxes).

#27     Apr 30, 2009
  8. Really? For a Mensan, your spelling sure does suck.

#28     Apr 30, 2009

9. High School? What about college hoss.

#29     Apr 30, 2009
  10. College graduate.

#30     Apr 30, 2009