Earth to Republican party

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Apr 30, 2009.

1. People should shove their "total tax liability" up their ass.

Federal Government is not responsible for your high property taxes or high state sales taxes or high state income taxes or high municipal income taxes. People don't have to live in Cali or Florida, they are welcome to live in Dakotas, or Montana where housing is cheap and there are more cows than people.

Don't like your local/state taxes, use the democratic method to change them and don't blame them on the federal government.

#11     Apr 30, 2009
  2. Maybe somebody has to tell that to Obama. On somedays Obama thinks he's Lincoln, on other days he's FDR, then on some other days he is JFK. Whats up with that? Rather tacky.

#12     Apr 30, 2009
  3. I call it geographical arbitrage.

My current property taxes in Nevada are about $12,000 per year. If this house were 20 miles to the West in California the property taxes would be about $80,000.

:D

#13     Apr 30, 2009
  4. Exactly! A true leader could destroy Obama and the current Dem administration, but someone needs to be able to step up and call a spade a spade.
    This crazy shit we have going on now isn't going to work, but we need something more than people telling us what Reagan would have done. Tell us what the fuck YOU are going to do and grow some god damn balls.

#14     Apr 30, 2009
  5. I'm bored here primarilly because I can't debate people with comparable Mensa level I.Q.'s.

I'll waste a few seconds of life though.

The Federal government uses resources (taxes) that would deliver more services to citizens if left to local government. While Obama runs war deficits of 10-12 billion a month which makes none of us "safer" my local police departments-which do ensure my safety-are cutting back on personel. Nor does the Federal government pay for the public schools, purify my drinking water, pave and clean my streets, fund emergency services, provide local parks and libraries or monitor local business for sanitary or code violations. Every dollar that I send to D.C.-and you'd be happy earning what I pay in taxes-is money that could tangibly improve my standard of living. Instead those taxes feed a paper shuffling bureaucracy of 2 million strong who make more in average salary let alone retirement benefits than the average earnings of non-Federal workers. Of course I get the warm fuzzy feeling that comes from billions in aid going to Israel, Egypt, Pakistan and Africa.

Yea as a trader/manager I can live in the Dakota's or Bermuda or wherever. But to expect WAGE EARNERS let alone JOB CREATORS to be forced emigrants to less onerous tax locations will only facilitate America's plunge into the third world.

Here's an idea. Why don't you take YOUR communist ass to Cuba? You can milk Castro's free health care system and he'll pay you eight dollars a month to sit on your ass. Sounds like utopia for you and your ilk........

#15     Apr 30, 2009
  6. Disagree, Medicaid and Chip spending, an unfunded FEDERAL mandate, costs over 20% of the typical state budget.

http://statehealth.newamerica.net/node/283

Seneca

#16     Apr 30, 2009
  7. Cripes! I know you've got a big ass house that's worth a fortune but doesn't Prop 13 help those in California any better than that?

#17     Apr 30, 2009
  8. Too funny! I was about to edit my post to make the same inclusion. Thanks!

#18     Apr 30, 2009
  9. It obviously works for Obama.
    In case you haven't noticed, he did win the 2008 Presidential election. :)

#19     Apr 30, 2009
  10. His house must be worth roughly $8 million. :eek:
    Either that, or he's not so good with math.

#20     Apr 30, 2009