Earnings website

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by lwlee, Apr 21, 2012.

1. promagma

promagma

I'm with Bob on this one

[​IMG]

I was screen scraping earnings.com to put in my own database. Any other good website to screen scrape earnings, splits and dividends?

#51     Sep 9, 2013
  2. zdreg

zdreg

just look at a long term chart of the dollar vs. swiss franc if you want to see how poor america has become.

#52     Sep 10, 2013
  3. Bob111

Bob111

same here, but I look a bit better right now than DC on that pic.l'm on Sanibel and planning to stay here for at least one more week.f**trading..and earnings too :)
    Fly doing good job on earnings. I might have to add paid briefing subscription for cross reference, when I'm back.any other ideas?

#53     Sep 11, 2013
  4. It's funny how wisdom on ET gets lambasted and garbage on ET gets many pats on the back. But that's like in real life. The good gets lambasted and the bad gets praise.

We live in a fucked up world.

#54     Sep 11, 2013
  5. d08

d08

Briefing is the only good source for earnings data that I've found. Free trial available.

#55     Sep 12, 2013
  6. Bob111

Bob111

yeah this might be the only option. I forgot that thefly doesn't have calendar(at least with basic subscription that I have).where they (briefing)getting it from? Thompson?
    I would also check msn money(as far I remember they also repost the calendar from briefing) IB might have something too with their marketwatch subscription for clients.
    Viktor-there an IGNORE function available for you.it will solve your problems with my language in one click. don't like my posts? put me on ignore. thank you, have a nice day :D

#56     Sep 12, 2013
  7. d08

d08

I'm not sure what the source is but I know it's extremely accurate, never have found anything else that's even close to it.

#57     Sep 13, 2013
  8. Bob111

Bob111

it should be somewhere on the page. I'll check, when I back.

#58     Sep 13, 2013
  9. Bob111

Bob111

can you describe the difference and why this is the one and only a good source for earnings date\time?

Thank you!

#59     Sep 19, 2013
  10. d08

d08

I was choosing the data source for backtesting. I checked out earnings.com, Yahoo and Briefing. The first two usually had the same wrong or outdated earnings date while Briefing was (almost) always kept up to date. Yahoo these days is certainly better than nothing but I wouldn't build anything based on their earnings data. This was a few years ago though, so maybe in 2013 it has improved.

#60     Sep 20, 2013