Earnings Trading Strategy

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by genxs, Oct 28, 2011.

1. genxs

genxs

Hello all,

This is my first post in years and I have completely stepped away from the whole daytrading world even though I currently do work for a large investment management firm.

Though, I still wanted to see what opinions real traders had about my equities strategy, so I decided to create this thread.

About me: I personally don't care for trading anything other than stocks and options. I work for a mutual funds firm that invests online in equities and bonds so FXs and other instruments never interest me. With my current full-time job, I can't daytrade but I still wanted to trade at times.

I like to make few (5-10) trades a month with high risk but good chance of winning.

Recently, about a month about I knew Blackberries/Research in Motion (RIMM) was in trouble were releasing earnings in a week. I felt like, what the heck, I am going to purchase some put options and behold, RIMM tanked and I made a really nice profit.

I wanted to know if anyone has ever traded equities and options before earnings annocements and if it has worked out?

2. I personally don't want for trading anything new than stocks and options. I job for a shared assets loyal that invests online in equities and bonds so FXs and additional instruments never interest me. With my ongoing full-time job, I can't daytrade but I works loved to line at nowadays. This is my prime mark in age and I acquire completely stepped inaccurate from the total daytrading world modify tho' I currently do utilize for a bouffant assets management effort were releasing earnings in a period. I matte same, what the heck, I am feat to get whatever put options and behold, RIMM tanked and I made a rattling metropolis acquire.