Earnings Trading Algorithm For Sale

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Etrade18, Nov 19, 2011.

1. My only interest was in your ploy. I don't day-trade and it's not my product. It's so great that you're not willing to produce a few tickers for public scrutiny.

#11     Nov 19, 2011
  2. spd

spd

$3.50 bid.

#12     Nov 19, 2011
  3. Bob111

Bob111

when market sentiment is bullish-stocks go up regardless. opposite for bear. same shit applies for stocks that gaps on open(and they do that on news mostly..earnings included)..so OP might have some winning streak for sometime(assuming he is legit trader(which i doubt) but i doubt it will last long enough...

#13     Nov 19, 2011
  4. Why do people sell effective systems/algos? If everyone starts to use it then I won't work--unless of course it never worked...

#14     Dec 21, 2011
  5. d08

d08

You don't omit individual stocks based on historical performance, only HFT guys might do that as they have tens of thousands of trades in their test sample. An algo like yours should work on the whole market or at least on a major indice.
    Everyone has tried making lists like that at some point, in reality it just doesn't work - it's a good example of (bad) curve fitting.
    You mentioned 3 years worth of backtests, purposefully ignoring 2008 which was the real test.
    Anyway, I guess you're selling because you got tired of money, amirite? :D

#15     Dec 21, 2011
  6. How does one do so?... Do tell.

#16     Dec 21, 2011
  7. lindq

lindq

Only stocks that HAVE earnings? Or that REPORT earnings?

If the former, how do you define HAVE earnings? Must a stock have positive earnings prior to reporting to be on your list?

#17     Dec 21, 2011
  8. Etrade18

Etrade18

I am not selling algo anymore. Stocks that come out with earnings that day and the night before. I dont analyze the report just get signal by the way the stock trades. I have an omit list because some stocks are not tradeable due to volume and really dont work with algo. If they become profitable I will remove them from the list.

#18     Dec 21, 2011
  9. lets all stop dicking around.

post up a live link

nobody wants to call coastal and yak to a retail jock.

post it or zip it.

i hate retail.

s

:cool:

#19     Dec 21, 2011
  10. Etrade18

Etrade18

Not selling it anymore. Was just seeing if there is a market for it and if I got right price would sell. Always got the same question if it makes money why sell it. And then the doubtors come in. The algo only trades stock that have earnings that day. Only way I think trader has an edge. And with computer its even better for me bc my emotions don't get involved.

#20     Dec 21, 2011