Earnings Plays

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chuckybrown70, Feb 25, 2009.

1. If someone is well into Level2 sometimes these pre/post market trading hours offer free money for real. Earnings season starts and I am on my terminal sitting alert at 8 am.

#51     Mar 6, 2009

2. nice call. (so you were off a little, stock price did -38%)

#52     Mar 7, 2009
  3. thanks, that was an easy one. all you have to do is look at the company website, they give a lot of insight to what they are gonna release.

but since i will keep it real, i have to say, i did not play it. what a sucker.

but i did play:

AOB for 200 shares. they will beat revs, my best guess, from their website they gave a great guidance from the last quarter. this should go up to $5.15.

or it will crash to $2.75, lol. but i am in this one, so lets see.

so far BJ - winner
    WIND - loser - did not play
    ANN - winner - did not play
    AOB - to be determined
    azo - loser - did not play - but was right they would beat the numbers, but thought price was still going down. blew that one

have a good weekend

also made money shorting URBN after earnings came out. and GB bought in after market after earnings came out

#53     Mar 7, 2009
  4. got smoked on cmtl 40 call options. stock about $24 $-11

#54     Mar 10, 2009
  5. cmtl, when did u play that???

i hit on KR and RSCR

#55     Mar 10, 2009
  6. hit? lost money, made money?

#56     Mar 10, 2009
  7. hit.

i am new, so i played it wrong. should eb huge gain. like $5k - 10k but instead played to little the wrong way.

had 20 contracts

bought mar 4 for 35 sold for 40 early - stupid

bought april 4 for 73 and
    sold april 6 for 35

saw it was going up big. dumped the shorts for $100 loss. still have the long for $350 gain. and holding overnight.

lets see if it can get to $6?

thanks for asking. how u doing?

i am playing as an earnings trade -
    LHCG long 250 shares
    AEO short 150 shares as a conviction trade.

if u look at their press releases they are gonna miss on REVS, will probably guide down, and might miss on earnings. they are propped up for some reason. looks like it could drop $2. lets see. i would not play this if i were u cause i hear AOE is a great company and i guess it is in favor. lets see

#57     Mar 10, 2009
  8. got stopped out today on BWLD, was fading the gap. It's still overbought, just have to try again later.

#58     Mar 10, 2009
  9. hit on LHCG already up $2. did not sell yet. thinking of picking up 300 more shares at $20.50 dont know if i'm gonna pull the trigger.

easily can go to $23 tomorrow 30%

#59     Mar 10, 2009
  10. i too have lhcg. was expecting $4 move. will hold a little longer also. will check in later.

my other earnings trades this week (if any) will be after earnings reports.

#60     Mar 11, 2009