Earnings Plays

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chuckybrown70, Feb 25, 2009.

1. If you have bloomberg, you can do enough research to have a good indication.

#41     Feb 28, 2009
  2. azo
    big
    ann

all 3 should get crushed. mean like 10% loss on each.

especially azo and ann.

big lots should report possitive, but the outlook will be down and probably lose 15%.

i am not putting any money on it, maybe i will buy 2 put contracts on each, but it has the typical uptrend before earnings while the market is trending down. that is a bad sign. if this was not a bull market i would play big lot long but cant touch any three, except to short.

lets see if i'm right

#42     Mar 1, 2009
  3. look at the P/E on ann. this is a set-up for a 20% down. the company is losing money, lol. retail is getting crushed.

i will definitely play this short. lets see if they get me.

#43     Mar 1, 2009
  4. any websites that also list stock price of company reporting earnings?

#44     Mar 1, 2009
  5. If they get you, it would be at 7.50 to 7.75 area. If you get them, I may actually try to pick some at 4.75.

PS: Could you please specify in your future posts, the date of the annoucement, and time whether before open, after close.

#45     Mar 1, 2009
  6. ann posts earnings before market on march 6th as per etrade.

always good to look on their website. usually has good info

#46     Mar 1, 2009
  7. Anyone catch AZO earnings this morning? i had a buy stop at 150.83...caught a nice 4.2 pts in less than an hr.

cm69 out :D

#47     Mar 3, 2009
  8. i got 150 shares of BJ @ $27.62

already broke my first rule, did not buy on close and down .20 or $35. if this hits up $3 if misses down $1.25. lets see.

already looked at their website. they beat numbers for dec and jan sales. colud be a huge up in this down economy???

#48     Mar 3, 2009
  9. did well with BJ, Chucky?

#49     Mar 5, 2009
  10. thanks for asking?

sold at 19.92 and shorted from 19.92 down to 19.64. for a bonus

but played very little shares only 114 (a partial end of day fill)

but, since u asked, i will give u another tid bit.

the news for GB came out on tues afternoon. it hit huge. and for some reason there was someone selling at a reasonable price in the after market.

18.31 this was a 6% gain for the days close, but funny thing was, it was a down day for the stock and an almost break even from the open.

i looked at the chart and it had 20 written all over it.

700 shares were available, but since i am new and inexperienced i only grabbed 150.

in the morning it shot up and i sold at 19.50

that was free money. shows u can wait until after the report and still get paid. just like some people did with AZO.

i am looking at WIND for this afternoon. only thing that might stop me is the overall downdraft of the market

get it, wind, downdraft??

lol

#50     Mar 5, 2009