Earnings play!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Khaled187, Oct 5, 2007.

1. topdown

topdown

Earnings plays from GS:

<i>Earnings Focus* WOW

October 3 - 9, 2007

Buy STX and GLW calls ahead of earnings
    Tech Hardware implied vol has lagged the implied vol pickup across the market over
    the past 3 months. This week, we focus on STX and GLW where implied volatility
    appears inexpensive ahead of big catalysts. Our Hardware analysts expect STX to
    beat consensus and consensus EPS to increase following earnings. Our Telecom
    Equipment analyst sees a string of catalysts for GLW and expects upside to shares
    through the end of the year.</i>

I am long GLW stock.

#11     Oct 7, 2007
  2. Posco should do well but note a firm is out today saying USX is their TOP SHORT of all shorts and AX is getting bashed somewhere too. I am running from the steels today... just not sure where I'm running to! ~ SI

#12     Oct 8, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

GOOG touched 600 today,

is that it or does it go to $2000 by the end of 2008.

#13     Oct 8, 2007
  4. Thats probably why Posco had a really bad past week. They report on the 16th, so im probably gonna stay away from that one, although its tempting.

#14     Oct 8, 2007
  5. Im just waiting for a pullback to get in.

#15     Oct 8, 2007
  6. Im wondering if I will ever get the pullback Im waiting for on GOOG. I hope it comes tomorrow. I dont want to miss the run up till the earnings call. But at the same time I dont want to buy too expensive. what a dilemma.

ISRG is doing amazing. Im gonna hold till the earnings.

#16     Oct 8, 2007
  7. Earnings season began. Now lets hear your ideas guys. So far we have longs on GOOG, SBUX, GLW, AAPL. What else you earning masters are playing?

#17     Oct 9, 2007