Earnings: IC vs Short Strangle

Discussion in 'Options' started by dbh21, Feb 20, 2012.

1. http://www.rttnews.com/corpinfo/fdacalendar.aspx

VVUS has another one on March 29 2012. "FDA decision on Avanafil for proposed treatment of erectile dysfunction"

#91     Feb 27, 2012
  2. spindr0

spindr0

I used to scan the FDA web site but that place is a black hole that can suck hours out of your life.

Try FDAnews.com :)

#92     Feb 28, 2012

3. Good call babutime, your orginal assessment on PCLN before earnings was right on. But you are easily lead astray and your following posts degenerated to a point where you lost focus on the earnings. Try and say focused in the future, good luck next time.

With PCLN @ $632.76 after earnings the Mar16 2012 615/650 Call Spread is at about $20.00. It could go down or up at this point with 2 weeks to expiry, but it is sitting at a healthy 2x profit.

:)

#93     Feb 28, 2012
  4. I still stand by what I quoted. I was making a reference to convexity with my "flip-flop". I didn't make the trade because IB flagged me with a potential pattern-day trader warning. But I would've gone and made the long put trade.

I like being wrong for the right reasons. Sure that short vertical would've made me some money and at a large risk. But everyone knows those trades.

#94     Feb 28, 2012
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

It's rare here someone will admit their view was wrong and then move on. Good qualities.

#95     Feb 29, 2012
  6. Humility never hurts...

#96     Feb 29, 2012
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

The best traders I ever met were humble they were wrong and arrogant when they were right... made them unpleasent to talk to, but they made moeny.

Being right doesn't really matter anyway. It's about making money. You can be wrong 90% of the time and be profitable or be right 90% of the time and be unprofitable.

#97     Feb 29, 2012
  8. Exactly. I'll still make money on PCLN regardless. I've been focusing on it and Apple for the past two weeks. My two big money makers.

Profits are always so lopsided...

#98     Feb 29, 2012