Earnings & Events-Related Option Plays

Discussion in 'Options' started by arizonadreamer, Oct 24, 2007.

1. That's exactly why I went so far out of the money with this. It is difficult to predict.

AZD

#41     Oct 26, 2007
  2. I almost hesitate to make this post - but Wellcare (WCG) now has a complete options chain going all the way down to the 5 strikes. (This was trading over 120 two days ago!)

Implied volatility is spectacular at this point. I guess FBI raids have a way of increasing anxiety. :)

PLEASE do your DD before going long or short on this.

Remember, something like this can be halted at any time, so be careful if you are legging into spreads, and be careful if you are downright purchasing or shorting the underlying thinking that you are safe with a stop in place. YOU ARE NOT.

Good luck to all.

AZD

#42     Oct 26, 2007
  3. Anyone wants to trade SOHU today? Any idea?

#43     Oct 29, 2007
  4. what is their history in regards to meeting/beating estimates? you could sell (1) 50 straddle and (1) 55 straddle then buy back the (2) strangles in the am...

#44     Oct 29, 2007
  5. ajna

ajna

I quickly looked at SOHU, surprisingly for a China internet company it doesn't move as much as I would expect post earnings historically. I like the short 55 straddle as well.

#45     Oct 29, 2007
  6. Anyone going to play the Fed meeting?

#46     Oct 30, 2007
  7. Any comments on using ratio spread or short ratio time spread for earning plays?

#47     Oct 30, 2007
  8. Best to do a +ve gamma play, not a vega play. The risk is just one day theta risk.

#48     Oct 30, 2007
  9. Can you tell me what +ve means?

I saw that term used years ago but have never found a definition.

TIA.

#49     Oct 30, 2007
  10. gobar

gobar

what is a naked call?

i have searched over the internet and got a rough idea about the naked call.

CME 780 Call is trading @ .40 cent. No way its going to 780 in 15 days. so if i sell the call which is @.40 cent what is my profit and whats my lost?

anyone thanks

#50     Oct 30, 2007