Earnings Are Sucking-amd,intc,sap--sell All Tech Now

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Jan 16, 2007.

1. I am completely flat right now with the exception of J&J, not because I want to be, but because I can't find anything to buy that looks attractive.

#21     Jan 17, 2007
  2. Um hum earnings have been grat so far

time to buy stocks now

nasdaq rebounding as i type this

up .2% fomr the daily lows in a very short time interval=bullish rebound

#22     Jan 17, 2007
  3. Um i have been right in that the markets have been going higher

Your predictions for the direction of the market have been wrong for awhile now.

nasdaq keeps rebounding down only .68% up .3% from the daily low. short covering into the close

For someone as knowledgable as you claim to be you have been wrong a lot.

#23     Jan 17, 2007
  4. dac8555

dac8555

that is just the thing....I DONT PREDICT THE MARKET. and if i think something is going to happen...i dont hold onto that conviction until dealth.

I sit on an investment comitte and the guy to the right was the president of the central bank in the 90s (remember i am not in the US...just a little banana republic) and he asked what i thought was going to happen. i said "i see a stong argument for both sides...but we havent had a cyclical correction in a long time, and i think we are overdue."

I have taken both long and short positions. on average the past several months, i have made money...not alot...but i am in the green. If i had held onto short positions, i would have to report a loss.

you need to understand....predictions dont make money. I still think there is a very good argument for a correction...but i am not dumb enough to fight the tape. But i am smart enough to try to look at the market objectively.

#24     Jan 17, 2007
  5. i told you so morons.......and i called it before cramer, and before the nasdaq sold of 18 plus, get a clue folks, more tech nasty selling to come---i haven`t seen so many misses, and poor guidance being put forth in a while!

#25     Jan 17, 2007
  6. And how much money did you make over the last three months while you were wildly bearish? I'm flat except for jnj and pep. Not exactly big time worries, yet I made more money in the three months than I could possibly lose by a 24 point drop in the nasdaq.

#26     Jan 17, 2007
  7. Wetton

Wetton

It doesn't really matter to Blue. In a previous thread he said he was holding QQQQ puts (when the QQQQs were at $43, now $45) and everyone was stupid. You see, in Blue's world, nothing is what it seems. In Blue's world, time decay does not exist. In fact, time decay is reversed in Blue's world, options gain value over time. In Blue's world, puts go up when the underlying goes up. In Blue's world, you can tell everyone that AAPL is going to crash below $75, but when it goes above $95 in the following two weeks, somehow he can still make money on this short position. In Blue's world, everyone is stupid except for him.

A very interesting place indeed.

I've posted this before and I'll post it again. I hope this will help:

"It doesn't really matter to Blue. I know people like him/her. They are hater/underachievers.

They sit at home and think they're smarter than everyone else. Everyone is stupid except for them. But what they can't reconcile in their own minds is why aren't they rich. Here they are, surrounded by stupid people doing stupid things yet they are poor and ignored while others are getting rich.

He'll try a few things and "speculating" (he sure isn't trading) is the latest. He comes up with some arguments as to what should happen in his own little mind and convinces himself that he knows. He'll put on a position and when it doesn't work out, well, it must be market manipulation. It must be the Jews or whoever. It sure can't be that he's wrong, afterall, he's smarter than everyone else.

He's a very frustrated and angry individual who focuses on the negative. He'll never make a good trader because he can't get his head out of his ass long enough to see what's actually going on.

Here's hoping Blue can let go of the anger and move on. Once again, he's been wrong."

#27     Jan 17, 2007
  8. You should take it easy with the insults. You have 474 posts documenting your "brilliance". :eek:

#28     Jan 17, 2007
  9. ron2368

ron2368

That means only one thing...new highs. SOX did not seem to mind Intel news today.

#29     Jan 17, 2007
  10. ok wetton go long tech tomorrow...and see where that trade gets ya!!!!!! what did you disagree with (with this call) made BEFORE THE MARKET SOLDOFF 18 BUCKS TODAY!!!

WAS I RIGHT OR WRONG????????

#30     Jan 17, 2007