Earning over 250K day trading at prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by neisykay, Apr 3, 2004.

1. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

Sure, some guys thrown size around in the intrest rates arena, I have been trading the euro libor futures for about 3 weeks now before US markets open and at night.....its easyer said than done.

I would have to say those guys making that 250k are on the floor, not off the floor trading.

Euro libor futures are a bitch, i got caught on the wrong side, it took me an hour to get out.....lost 1500......and that was on small contracts.

Nitro..if the guys knows what he is talking about, jump in and trade the intrestrates instruments dude, stop wasting ur time on locked markets.

#31     Apr 4, 2004
  2. Thanks a lot Nitro....

#32     Apr 4, 2004
  3. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

I got the name for ur Intrst rate black box, the TERMINATOR, so you got, ZBOT, precsious and now Z TERMINATOR...

i want a % for naming the bot dude:D

#33     Apr 4, 2004
  4. nitro

nitro

There are probably ten people on ET I would love to watch trade. Gertsman is #1 on that list.

nitro

#34     Apr 4, 2004
  5. GSCO

GSCO

sorry dude

you have no idea what you are talking about. This is pure ignorance. There are still lots of big movers in the NASDAQ. Take a look at the chart for IPIX just this past friday Apr 2, 2004.

All these moves were on volume also. You could very easily accumulate at 10 000 share position buying off the offer. 25 million in the day traded. CLUE IN.

Daytrading is just a profitable as it was back in the day and more and more are looking to sign up every day. Too bad most of those pikers will lose their shirt. Oh well. Better for the ones who know what they are doing.

Greed is good

MAMA, TASR, IUSA, SNTO, DCTH, WAVX, EMRG, IVAN, GMAI, NSSC, SVVS, the list goes on and on unfortunately my daytimer is at the office or else I would have a list of about 200 stocks that have made substantial moves in the last six months.

good luck

#35     Apr 5, 2004

6. No u are wrong. What u dont understand is that most of the time.. the big moving stocks make their one day moves then they goto sleep. Their day to day volatility stinks. Look at Tasr in particular. Some days the range is great and some days its just chop garbage. The truth is that u will only know after the fact.

In the old days.. everyday there was a big move.. no guessing was needed. U didnt have to flip from stock to stock.

Just trading one stock like JNPR or CIEN was all u needed. Everyday there was good moves and nice follow through on the breaks.

--MIKE

#36     Apr 5, 2004
  7. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

I agree, and i also agree about the pickers chasing MAMA, SNTO, and the rest of the 12 dollar to 15 dollar stocks, intraday. That is schonfelds new game, trade the small to midcaps intraday, scalp them all day long. Ohh by the way, schonfeld now requires capital contribution...So who are the pikers?

Nitro,,,,,,,do i hear a little ass kissing going on SMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKK., right on the starfish, ...just ask the dude if you could trade with him, or watch him trade.

I had no idea you were into intrest rate trading , damn, u learn something new everyday.:eek:

#37     Apr 5, 2004
  8. nitro

nitro

Huh?

If I am aware of people whose skill far surpasses mine, then that is a fact and I treat it as such. The emotional content you assign to it is a reflection of you, not me.

I doubt Gertsman would ever allow anyone to watch him trade - there is nothing in it for him.

I am into every concievable form of trading. I do not care what I trade, only that there is some edge to exploit. I have found that the more ways I learn to extract money from the markets, not only does it shine a new light on the trading I already do, but it simply adds another place that I can go to escape dead markets.

But in particular, I find Yield Curve trading fascinating...

nitro

#38     Apr 5, 2004
  9. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

I concure on the escape of dead markets theory....however, I still want a % for helping to give you the option to name ur black box system for your next trading endevor, Terminator........

I heard a second that motion by JG.....i think that was him> anyways

#39     Apr 5, 2004
  10. nitro

nitro

I like terminator. I will have to use it.

Thanks.

nitro :D

#40     Apr 5, 2004