Earning over 250K day trading at prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by neisykay, Apr 3, 2004.

1. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

Dude if you sat with D, why are you looking for Firms on this site? Lost ur connection? Just call Lance at BAM, if you truly know the guys, they can help you, otherwise, ur full of it.

#21     Apr 4, 2004
  2. Lets say there are 200 trading days....time off, holidays etc...

That would be....50 million a year? I do not know ANY prop trader or trader making that...

Michael B.

#22     Apr 4, 2004
  3. If I had set you a private email, I surley would not appreciate you forwarding it to others.

Remind me NEVER to send you an email...

Michael B.

#23     Apr 4, 2004
  4. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

well you dont claim things , as far as i can tell, that are bullshit. Nor do you drop individual names on this site that really shouldnt be droped. And your not in my trading circle or claim to know people who are. Nor have you made the absolute assnine claim that you know people , daytraders, making millions a week.

Nor did you trade for schonfeld, nor do you know who D is or his hedgefund is.

If you did, i would email ur bullshit to the people i know on the street just as fast i would any other who claims ABC when only A is true..

street is small man, people find out sooner or later, who is full of shit and who is not.

:eek:

#24     Apr 4, 2004
  5. LOL....seems like I am getting in the middle of something. At least you did not post his email publically....

so I guess I will humbly bow out...

Michael B.

P.S. How is your trading going these day's if I may ask. I do not know you, but I get glimpses of your posts here at ET...

#25     Apr 4, 2004
  6. this is hilarious! $1M/month adn $1M/day?!

Let's see how the math works out. $1M/month woul dbe $12M a year. If you are runnign a $100M fund then that's 12% returna year. That's possible. I don't know how many prop traders has acces s to $100M.

$1M/day is $250M a year! For $1B fund, that's 25% return!

Which prop shop was running $1B again?

#26     Apr 4, 2004
  7. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

Mike B, you dont know them on the 250k track a day because you did not trade in that circle. A few did for schonfeld from 98-2000, One in chicago made 75 million in and around 4 years. That person is now partner with steven in a privite hedgefund. A few made close to that in the same amount of time, in the Madison office.

There was one over 40 million or so at Jericho office in longIsland.

However, schonfeld produced more 7 digit guys than any daytrading firm on the street at the time. most of that % was between 1.6 to 10 in a few years.

Now, this ended in 2000, our last payout was the golden handcuffs 60% paid out of the previous year, which was paid in full to all those, even those who were down a few million on the year of 2000. Schonfeld paid out 100% of the defer. pay regardless. Then they fired around 800 a few monts later.

unless you traded with schonfeld, you wouldnt understand, and could care less.

The point is, millions were not made by one trader per week by all, most traders were paid out on comish, due to the fact that schonfeld was a clearing firm, and 90% were not net postive... once again you would have to understand the compensation of schony at the time.

the most I ever saw one make in a day was 600 thousand , but i didnt trade with everyone, we traded in groups of 5 in our own rooms....

#27     Apr 4, 2004
  8. gertsman

gertsman

Guys, if you want to see guys making 250k a day, look no further than Chicago interest rate size traders. The back month euro$ traders have been printing cash for a long time, so have the big cash traders. Having consecutive 250K days is difficult, but not impossible. The problem is those big losing days. Spread the curve boys!

G

#28     Apr 4, 2004
  9. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

lol, no worries bro. Trading is going as well as it can for now. I dont trade equities anymore, left that game when pennies spread proved to kill the advantage of daytrading. I switch over to options , some intraday, some longer term, some hedge some directional. Am i making money, you can call it that, but is it like what i did make, HELL NO, not even close. lucky to pull 6 figuers this year if this shit keeps up, maby 6 half.

I really cant compare it to much, its a new market, new things influence the moves,

What i can say , is i get a big kick out of all the sudden Profitable Daytraders, LOL.

#29     Apr 4, 2004
  10. nitro

nitro

The only person on this thread that knows what he is talking about.

nitro

#30     Apr 4, 2004