earning interests on shorts -> Don

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by OHLC, Aug 22, 2002.

1. I think he has gotcha Don ...

#21     Aug 27, 2002
  2. FOC is not necessarily the same as SLK, but they look about right...My rates are the same as our traders....no big deal....

Don

#22     Aug 27, 2002
  3. stevet

stevet

i guess the facts solve most confustions!

#23     Aug 27, 2002
  4. xtrader

xtrader

the prop firm (DON Bright Trading) has picked your pocket...

forget about getting short interest below $100K.

another profit center for the Brights

#24     Aug 27, 2002
  5. xtrader

xtrader

"Geez, its never, never, ever Don's fault. Any fees, charges, interest withheld, etc. are a result of someone else's requirement. Trust me. Just trying to be fair here."

This is a "Donspeak" statement. No liability is assumed for any assumptions taken by this statement.

ha ha ha...

#25     Aug 27, 2002
  6. Sorry Don---I do like and respect you, but IT IS a big deal. Credit/debit are extemely important and you might not think it is a big deal, but it is a huge revenue source for clearing firms and broker/dealers.

Those small little percentages mean a lot to big traders and those small numbers add up to very large ones when one considers all of the traders involved.

#26     Aug 28, 2002
  7. In return, I respect you for understanding that all pertinent details apply to a "good relationship" between trader and firm....and agree with you about the small numbers.

There are many factors to consider, and I could counter with many (much more costly) things that other firms have in place. i.e. Ticket charges, ECN fees, no short stock interest at all, Hair cut charges, higher commissions, higher bullets.....and more importantly, doubtful continuation of business practices.

When all is considered, including stability and history, I think you'll find that we are at the top of the list.

There is always something that people want to point to as being 'wrong' - but the whole package is what really matters. I don't want to add any fuel to the fires, but you can check some of the other current "professional" forum "deals" being tossed around today....

I have always invited anyone to discuss the full package at any time. We obviously have several options available, and are always changing things to help the trader.

Stay tuned for new and different structures coming in the last quarter of this year. Market conditions change, and we adapt as well.

Good Trading....

Don

#27     Aug 28, 2002