Earnest Advice to ET Advertisers

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Arthur Deco, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Dr. Deco, although Jack Hershey isn't officially an ET advertiser, he does advertise here. I'm interested in your comments on one of his latest subliminal ad campaigns which is basically, 5 minutes to learn FTTs and six days to $100K a day for life.

WARNING: QUOTED JACK HERSHEY EXCERPTS AT LINK
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2883185#post2883185

I've also seen him posting to the effect that his "method" is so easy to learn that a fifth grader could do it. This sounds suspiciously similar to GEICO and since GEICO's a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, your thoughts on a possible Warren Buffett/Jack Hershey connection?

#11     Jul 5, 2010
  2. 666, that very post is what finally pushed me over the edge to put him on ignore. Fabulous profits in only one day led to trading four contracts at the end of the day as I recall. Here is my take. Advertising here is humor. But the reverse is not necessarily true. I put Jack on ignore because his humor ceased to me to be subtle. You see, I don't think of him as evil or a malicious fraud. He's just a lonely old guy who has had to get more and more outrageous to get attention. Sort of like me. In twelve years. That thought made me put MYSELF on ignore so I don't have to read my own foolishness.

I would follow your link, but I couldn't see anything. I hope. So kindly follow up yourself and give us your analysis.

Warren Buffet? He is an advocate of The New World Order. I have him on ignore, too.

Oh, now you've set me to ranting! FTTs? Niagara Falls! I don't recall ever seeing an FTT that wasn't just a head and shoulders. Big trading ennervation.

#12     Jul 5, 2010
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

brilliant deduction, Watson!

#13     Jul 5, 2010
  4. PureTick has a salaciously-leering ad guy, too, better watch out for him!

#14     Jul 5, 2010
  5. Euuuuuw! Why am I a fag magnet? I am convinced that ET targets ads to you based on your reading habits. Lately the SpreadProfessor has been popping up on my screen. Unhhh!

#15     Jul 5, 2010
  6. I agree with your comments and would add that it's a fitting contribution to his decade+ internet pied piper legacy:p

#16     Jul 5, 2010
  7. Please explain what you meant by this. I ask because when I posted a photoshopped Forbes list with Jack on it, you had to check and post the actual list. I thought that after 1st grade children stopped taking everything literally. So maybe this explains why you believe everything Jack posts? Are you on summer vacation now? :p

#17     Jul 5, 2010
  8. I get the same feeling, and yet I post far too often. Sort of like speeding up when you're driving the wrong way.

#18     Jul 5, 2010
  9. It is really quite sad. I cannot help comparing his version of his life to my own reality. Let us say that for a single day in the 70's I was part of a mismanagement insulting tiger team assessing the likelihood of success of a business strategy at an obscure beltway bandit unit of GE engaged in environmental cleanup. Jack would describe that if he did it as "During the Carter Administration I consulted for the General Electric Corporation in Washington DC on major environmental issues of national significance."

#19     Jul 5, 2010
  10. And, I might add, you post in the places you are most likely to be mightily abused for your views. And if you don't, moderation will surely relocate you there. Now that you have poosted here, this thread will be moved to P&R.

#20     Jul 5, 2010