Earn2Trade Founder Charged With Fraud

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by LCK2000, Sep 10, 2020.

1. longshort

longshort

You said previously you registered multiple try-outs concurrently under different names and one managed to make $3K in less than 10 days. In another attempt (not sure about the total), you apparently made $4.3K in 8 days. Sounds a bit random.

From what I can tell, the retail scalping dayflies aren't going to last. Another year like 2017 where the entire ES range during RTH was less than 5 points on many days would put them out of business. The best of luck to you.

#321     Oct 29, 2020
  2. May I ask what do "any" of the above 20 or so posts have to do with the title of the thread?
    It's like turning your math test into your French teacher.

#322     Oct 29, 2020
    cafeole likes this.
  3. QTrader20

QTrader20

First, I don't trade ES and second, you ain't a scalper and please don't talk and act like one. Please don't sound like you know everything with your hedge fund background. Every trading system has risks and as soon as one knows how to deal with it, it's a matter of making less or more profits in the long run.

#323     Oct 29, 2020
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  4. trade2020

trade2020

If you are going to try any of their tryouts the $150K makes the most sense as it offers $3300 max daily loss and $4500 trailing drawdown and cost $350 (unless they offer a promo for month 1 which usually is 20% discount which brings down to $280) so if you pass you are spending $280 and getting at least $3300 in funding day 1 and the ability to trade up to 4 contracts at a time -
    https://help.earn2trade.com/en/articles/3292351-what-is-the-progression-ladder-in-the-gauntlet-mini

The problem once you have a funded acct comes in with how they calculate trailing max drawdown and they also eliminate their funding (unless they have recently changed rules) once you have surpassed $4500 in profit. Meaning after that point your drawdown is eliminated and now you are trading your own money from that point on and paying them 20%---and your profit is now your cushion (because since drawdown eliminated you cant go under $0 like you could on day one of funded account where you could actually have a drawdown of up to $3300 below zero before they close acct).

If you make $4500 or more say in first week also keep in mind that any withdrawal also lowers your cushion as funding eliminated so if you made $5,000 1st week and withdraw say $3000 --they take 20% so your withdrawal is $3,000 plus $600 for them and now you only have a $1400 cushion left to trade against as you cannot go below zero anymore. If you made $5,000 1st week and withdraw all profits the acct is closed (because the $3300 funding under zero has been taken away along with the $4500 trailing drawdown).

So essentially their funding--in my opinion-- is only good right out of the gate day 1 of funded acct to 1st large withdrawal. In a highly volatile environment it might be possible to leverage that initial 4 contracts and $3300 in funding into perhaps a $10,000 to $20,000+ if you were able to trade extremely well the 1st week and catch a nice 100 point wave on a very volatile day or perhaps a few 30 to 40 point intraday waves per day day over the course of the 1st week (you cant hold over session to session so no swing trades over days). Then make withdrawal and just transfer all funds to own brokerage acct

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    #324     Oct 30, 2020
    FlashGordon likes this.
    #325     Oct 31, 2020
  6. I agree i is very difficult to day trade in mini contract lots within the boundaries of the $75k account, thus I agree, the $150K account is more appropriate e.g. as it allows a degree of scaling. When you draw down you can still trade a full position, unlike being size crippled if it was your private account Possibly a good deal for the penniless, who never risk more that the reset fee no matter how poorly they screw up, and an avenue to withdrawal all the funds if successful and go your own way privately. The biggest problem I see is that newbies become encouraged to acquire bad trading habits trading single/double contracts on a small 75K account. Can it be done? .. probably. ..with extreme care.
    P.S. We need to move this thread.

#326     Oct 31, 2020
  7. longshort

longshort

If you pass in one month. The simulator's price is $350 per month. One is tasked with tripling the account, turning the given $4,500 into $13,500. That takes time even if someone can do it with their Sharpe 3-5 trading skills. Otherwise you're relying on luck.

#327     Oct 31, 2020
  8. Out of the bigger shops this is definitely the one to avoid at all costs. With TopStep and OneUp you will have a better shot at getting funded (I am funded) than dealing with these guys.

#328     Nov 3, 2020
    ZTrader888 likes this.
  9. They must be hurting - they are sending out 'on sale' emails nonstop.

#329     Nov 5, 2020
    athlonmank8 likes this.
  10. Yeah I noticed that too. If i was funded with them i'd be a little worried

#330     Nov 5, 2020