Earn 2 Trade the gauntlet

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by caacapital, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

It's the same thing with Bookmap and Finamark - no disconnects

#651     Mar 20, 2019
  2. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

Spoke with the FCM and unfortunately due to the costs from CQG to both Helios AND the trader, it's not something that Helios feels is best to offer at this time .

#652     Mar 21, 2019
  3. Why Sierra Chart Tech support consider Rithmic as 'legacy' connection?

#653     Mar 21, 2019
  4. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

No idea - I believe they are using old Rithmic API's.

#654     Mar 21, 2019
  5. So now it is a ping-pong between Sierra and their not up-to-date APIs.
    I would be curious to know what Ritmic would say about that 'legacy service' affirmation.... jjw is ET sponsor.

#655     Mar 21, 2019
  6. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

Based upon what I have read about SC and their future direction and based upon e-mail conversations I have had with SC it seems to me that SC is mostly focused on their relationship with TT. I suppose that "legacy api" refers to api's in place and that SC is not inclined to make use of enhancements to "legacy api's" other than TT's.

From time to time SC has proposed and promoted the use of protocol api's. We also prefer to use protocol api's but it seems that the developers who use our software overwhelmingly prefer the api's that are a collection of libraries that they incorporate into their code. These libraries usually handle all matters involving i/o and I suspect that this is a big reason for their popularity (so the developer, whose focus is on trading and not on computing need not spend much time and effort on it).

However, in support of developers who are interested in building apps that run within browsers or on mobile devices we have developed a new api, called R | Protocol API™. R | Protocol API is language and OS independent and I expect you will see some new apps that use this api on the market shortly. We have provided a copy of R | Protocol API to SC and SC has shown some interest in it but has not made any commitments as to its use, yet.

#656     Mar 21, 2019
    Bernard111 likes this.
  7. legionx

legionx

Third Week:

upload_2019-3-22_13-42-21.png

#657     Mar 22, 2019
  8. legionx

legionx

upload_2019-3-29_1-54-45.png

Fourth Week Completed.

#658     Mar 29, 2019
    caacapital likes this.
  9. chris500

chris500

Is that something C coders could use to connect to Tradovate's REST API?

https://github.com/tradovate/api
    https://swagger.tradovate.com/

That would be huge for those of us who are traders first and programmers second. Even better than an R Protocol API would be a simple dll like NT has:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/functions.htm

By the way, does Rithmic actually realize what an absolute killer feature NT has with the DLL interface? It's 2 hours of coding versus 2 days just to read the Rithmic API documentation.... then you gotta give Microsoft $1,200 for an MSDN subscription so you can get a copy of the correct version of Visual Studio, etc.

So, the only choices for automated/algo traders when it comes to Rithmic is either the API or excel/VBA (a no-go). What's missing is a simple DLL you can connect to via C (or any language) just like NT has.

#659     Apr 1, 2019
  10. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

I cannot seem to send you a private message. Kindly send me one.

#660     Apr 1, 2019