Earn 2 Trade the gauntlet

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by caacapital, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Wonder if they actually plan to make $ from the profits from traders? My guess is no.

#11     Jun 25, 2018
  2. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

I understand your point and you’re right, for intraday the FCM does set the margin. We encourage participants in The Gauntlet to use less contracts per trade since in our external experience as professional traders, and in running The Gauntlet, this is what prop shops are generally looking for.

#12     Jun 25, 2018
  3. Lukas V

Lukas V

I think it's a bit more than just a "guess"? They're not the funder, when people get a funded account, so clearly they don't. Are you suggesting that there's something wrong, or bad, about that?

#13     Jun 25, 2018
  4. truetype

truetype

If that's a good idea, set up a combine-style operation yourself, and put your own $ at risk with at-the-redline "traders." It's a free country.

#14     Jun 25, 2018
    kj5159 likes this.
  5. Its a terrible business idea. Ye olde churn and burn once again in 2018. Although it may be beneficial for the trader.

#15     Jun 25, 2018
  6. This is what I would expect from a firm that is trying to get good traders they would not want you over leveraged. And honestly anyone can probably catch a good day and make their goal in 1 day with 5 or 10 contracts. Hence why the other 2 companys actually make you go through the process twice using restrictions on the second attempt(TST is the step 2 Oneup is the "funded" account that is actually still a demo until you meet the withdrawal limit(or at least thats what was report by someone on here)

I'm still waiting on access I did my goals 6/25 I choose the custom goals the daily limits and daily profits didnt fit my style.

#16     Jun 27, 2018
  7. I'll start a journal i well have 2 weeks off for the upcoming holiday so i will be able to actually properly log my trades

#17     Jun 27, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  8. Xela

Xela

Also reported elsewhere by others, too.

This is slightly concerning, perhaps? Daily limits are a very good practice: not easy to be able to trade for a living (if that's your eventual objective) without strict risk management. IMO one of the good things about these "tests"/"processes" is that they tend to emphasize risk management over profit considerations - which is very realistic. In the long term (which is all that matters) trading is really about managing risk and avoiding drawdowns rather than about how much you can make ... I'm "just saying" ...

#18     Jun 27, 2018
    nickynoes and Lukas V like this.
  9. i saw a tweet on twitter from somone that says he trades full time and has been since 99
    "if the market is down 15% for the year and im down 1%, i might be a great money manager, but i failed big time as an independent trader" I agree with this. independent traders trade to make money managing risk is subjective risk to you might not be risk to me. Also to clarify Earn2Trade has pre-set trading strategy's they are paired with daily losses and profits i know i cant commit to a daily profit so i used one of the unique features which is a custom strategy its basically $125 over what the 50k on TST is ideally it would be capped at $500 but again I know i potentially could go over if the right storm comes. My purpose of doing this was to preserve my live account, report on it a bonus would be actually getting funded and this is a nice summer activity. In the fall unless i keep my funding at TST and/or earn2trade its back to my live account. i never said im an expert trader im fighting with discipline issues.

#19     Jun 27, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  10. Xela

Xela

The context of statements like that relates to investing in stocks: if all you can do is trade stocks to the long side, and the market's down 15% and you're down only 1% then you've done very well in that sense, for sure ... but these things really have nothing to do with trading futures/forex at all. :sneaky:

I hear you ... and wish you well with it! :cool:

#20     Jun 27, 2018
    Lukas V likes this.