Early Trump Success!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Nov 29, 2016.

1. JamesL

JamesL

Trump to reveal deal to keep nearly 1,000 Carrier jobs in Indiana

The incoming Trump Administration and United Technologies (UTX) have reached an agreement that will keep close to 1,000 jobs at Carrier Corp., which is owned by UTX, in Indiana.

Carrier had planned to move production from a key factory in that state to Mexico, taking with it the roughly 1,400 jobs of those who work at the Indiana plant.

But shortly after CNBC revealed that Donald Trump was expected to travel to Indiana on Thursday to announce that a deal had been reached, Carrier itself confirmed the agreement.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/29/trum...000-carrier-corp-jobs-in-indiana-sources.html

fan27 likes this.
  2. fhl

fhl

[​IMG]

3. Ricter

Ricter

Scratch the surface, there's horseshit underneath. Either, some government giveaway to Carrier that the Indiana or American taxpayer or both will be paying for. Or, business conditions have organically changed and this decision by Carrier to remain can be added to the page with the Drumpf "deal" that just saved the Ford plant.

"But you're a commie, Ricter, don't you want government to interfere in the market?" Yes and no. The employee union there doesn't know a thing about this deal--not a good sign.

4. You're right, this "deal" may stink, but I'll wait for all the details before I go off. On the surface it's looks okay, but what I can find is that "nearly" 1000 of the 1400 employees will still have a job. That means 400+ layoffs. That sucks, but not a deal killer for me. The company will probably receive several tax breaks from the state, so yes, Indiana taxpayers will share some of the cost to save these jobs. I'm okay with that too, so long as the jobs staying are good jobs. Personally I don't mind my tax dollars supporting good paying jobs, but it's a slippery slope that I expect corporate America to exploit. Should they be slashing wages and benefits as well, I would not be pleased about that.

rock34748 likes this.
  5. jem

jem

To allow our people and businesses to compete around the world we are going to have to downsize our govt and decrease federal, state, local taxes, fees and income taxes. Our govt can't do everything and needs to stop trying.

And ricter types please don't try to present charts which show our taxes to be lower than other countries. unless they include the layers of taxation that add up to an incredible tax burden. local sales taxes. local property taxes state taxes, death fica, medicare... and more..

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  6. java

java

That's like a short option that can only go to zero.

7. jem

jem

a good way for a person who cares about America to think of the entire vote for Trump.

You were short the option of continued destruction of America by Hillary and the establishment.
    At the moment its looks like you should have sold more premium.

8. Mercor

Mercor

Wait, you mean the government made a deal to lower the operation costs to produce in Indiana.
    So not only does Indiana get more good jobs ,the consumer will save money at purchase because Carrier can adjust their selling cost and keep the same margins

9. java

java

What I mean is taxes can only go to zero. Then what?

10. java

java

Is that better than unemployment insurance?

#10     Nov 30, 2016