Early Retirement

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ShoeshineBoy, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Financial Independence was a good enough goal for me. Always take time off when you get
    windfall profits.
    For many years, I have only worked half a year. Trading
    Seasonal Calendar Spreads allows me to keep a continuous portfolio most of the year. Trading end of day, the essential part of the game takes very little time. I spend more time at it than my trading partners who get pretty good results.

How much time will you spend to be
    free. You can go anywhere; do anything, with whomever you want to do it with. All you need is access to the Internet and good enough health to make decisions.

The most new spreads we put on in a week is two plus pyramids. So I guess the average is slightly more than one spread per week? Once I suspected that we hold spreads about six weeks. The Seasonal trend may give us our first at eight weeks, a new spread (different months) increase at six weeks and a final new spread for the last two weeks to the top. How much time does it take to put on a
    spread a week?
    I do not understand the question.
    This was really the main one. You cannot be free until you get fixed expenses below income.
    You can do it. I would explain but I am going to the beach!

#31     May 15, 2003
  2. Just one more thing:

“I have no customer problems: no customer relations, no customer complaints. No customer theft, no customers returning anything.”

“There are no merchandising costs, no damaged goods, no vandalism, no service calls, no repairs to make, and no guarantees to honor.”

“I’m free of invoicing, accounts payable, payroll, inventories, accounts receivable, billing, dunning, bad checks, and bad debts.”

Quotes from Joe Ross

Follow this link for Preview: TRADING IS A BUSINESS!

#32     May 16, 2003
  3. Thx for the quotes and advice - I love some of them! (I just noticed that someone had reposted to this.) It is interesting to me how few individuals (apparently) have made it by swing trading alone into early retirement. But I'm not going to let that bother me...

#33     May 16, 2003