early open sunday for nymex energy

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by SethArb, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Picaso

Picaso

#51     Aug 31, 2008
  2. Please keep TA and/or facts out of this thread, this thread is for name calling and insults only please. :eek:

#52     Aug 31, 2008
    #53     Aug 31, 2008
  4. From the lloyds link:
    A closure of the Henry Hub can wreak havoc on the natural gas futures market because as futures expire, there is no facility for physical gas delivery. But since the October front-month contract doesn't expire until the last week of September, Gustav's impact on the market may be muted, analysts said.

#55     Aug 31, 2008
  5. Yeah I read that, who knows what will happen. IT will be a very wild day in NG esp.

#56     Aug 31, 2008
  6. -A friend of a friend that is a MM in the NG pits said that Centaurus got heavily long friday at the close-

is this the HF that took Amaranth to the cleaners a few yrs ago
    in natty ?

hmmm seems like Henry Hub Natty has lost most of its gains
    while WTI still has kept most of its gains on the ICE data

wonder what volume they are doing and how much of an opening range
    NYMEX will have when they open at 2:30pm EST

#57     Aug 31, 2008
  7. YA Im pretty sure the ex Amar. guys run Centaurus now. I think they got some of Motherrock as well. Regardless I'd rather be with them than against them. I would be alot more nervous as a short here, I could be wrong. I have been many times before, and if I am I will simply bail out of the trade. I just feel alot more comfortable long than short here. NG sell off was pretty overdone imo, and liek a friend of mine said "A strong fart in the gulf could really send this thing up" Anyways showtime in an hour

#58     Aug 31, 2008
  8. do you have a position today Seth?

#59     Aug 31, 2008

9. This postulation is absurd ... Centaurus was one of the only hedge funds with positive numbers this past few months of sharply declining natural gas. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a 100k+ contract net short position.

Furthermore, since price was down on Friday, I would be surprised if they had covered more than 5% of that short considering the volume and price action. If they became net long, natty would be 9.00-10.00+ already.

Conclusion: reading tea leaves is a waste of time, and is worth nothing more than entertainment. If you believe your psychic hopes, you'll more often than not end up losing.

#60     Aug 31, 2008