early open sunday for nymex energy

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by SethArb, Aug 29, 2008.

1. riskbarb

riskbarb

ok, but if you traded cl through these events before ; then you know that it will pop (i am short puts and calls ), but as soon as this weather is finally known; it will sell off. if the trend truly is down; then watch out. i will pick up puts above my shorts as soon as i can, while selling more calls hopefully.

#21     Aug 30, 2008

2. Im no noob my friend, a little bird told me that on friday a MASSIVE energy hedge fund got extremely long NG and they bought all they could buy. I like my odds. I hate making money off people's misery but that is trading sometimes sadly. In a perfect world Gustav takes out all the oil and natty rigs in the Gulf and then dissipates :)

#22     Aug 30, 2008
  3. whered you find this info my friend

#23     Aug 30, 2008
  4. Webice (the Ice web platform). $8.43 now as of now.

I think you might be able to get free (delayed) quotes on theice.com. After you go to the ice.com, in the bottom left hand corner, there is an "ice data" area. Mouse over "OTC" and look for Henry Oct '08.

Best of luck.

#24     Aug 30, 2008
  5. nitro

nitro

Gustav slams Cuba as monster Category 4 storm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/tropical_weather

This may hit with Cat 5 strength smack in middle of the oil rig concentration in the gulf. However, I have a feeling that people are far too prepared for this to do damage to the rigs themselves. It is people we should be worries about.

nitro

#25     Aug 30, 2008
  6. #26     Aug 30, 2008
  7. thanks man!

#27     Aug 30, 2008
  8. yeah was thinkin the same thing. Sucker rally?

#28     Aug 30, 2008
  9. fourth

fourth

Does anyone have a chart of what happened when Katrina or Rita hit? My broker doesn't go back that far. Either that or any online source you can suggest...

#29     Aug 30, 2008
  10. yeah my god I am a trader you know? Of course I care about the people down there man, my gosh it must be absolutely awful to have to evacuate and risk all of your things being gone when you get back. Its a precarious position.

With that said all I am doing is trying to seize an opp. nothing more nothing less. You think I give one iota of a fuck if it jacks some oil rigs up? OH no POOR SHELL POOR EXXON how will they ever make it? Fuck that man, who cares. But I definitely do have care and concern for the gulf residents, and for all of the countries that it has hit (cuba, cayman island etc etc)

#30     Aug 30, 2008