Eagleburger Says Palin Not Ready

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seneca_roman, Oct 31, 2008.

1. In an NPR interview, former Secy of State under Bush the less ingnorant said:

"Lawrence Eagleburger, who served as Secretary of State under George H.W. Bush and whose endorsement is often trumpeted by McCain, said on Thursday that the Alaska governor is not only unprepared to take over the job on a moment's notice but, even after some time in office, would only amount to an "adequate" commander in chief.

"And I devoutly hope that [she] would never be tested," he added for good measure -- referring both to Palin's policy dexterity and the idea of McCain not making it through his time in office. "

http://www.poplife.biz/?p=117208

Will someone care to attack NPR?

Seneca

2. And no one cares

ohio and Florida are tied and McCain will win.

3. I would think John cares as Eagleburger is one of his main advisers.

These data suggest Ohio is going Obama's way
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/oh/ohio_mccain_vs_obama-400.html#polls

And these data suggest the same for Florida although it is closer:
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/fl/florida_mccain_vs_obama-418.html#polls

INTRADE has Ohio at 80% for Obama and Florida at 70%.

What data do you refer to to support your contention that these states are tied?

Seneca

4. ak15

ak15

Growing doubts on Palin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/31/us/politics/31poll.html?ref=politics

5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

stocky uses a lot of data from his wet dreams to support his political and market ideas.

6. Does he post trades ? Are they worth fading?

7. Those who faded me when the dow was at 8500 are eating a 10% loss

Palin embodies American values; hard working, confident, assertive, strait talking

Who cares if if a few pissants say she isn't ready.

8. Don't forget she gets a lot of income from redistribution 24+K ; illegally putting family members on expense account for another 25+K.

Her plain talking:

Katie Couric: "What other Supreme Court decisions do you disagree with?"
    Sarah Palin: "Well, let's see. There's --of course --in the great history of America rulings there have been rulings, there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American. And there are -- those issues, again, like Roe v Wade where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So you know -- going through the history of America, there would be others but--"
    Couric: "Can you think of any?"
    Palin: "Well, I could think of -- of any again, that could be best dealt with on a more local level. Maybe I would take issue with. But you know, as mayor, and then as governor and even as a Vice President, if I'm so privileged to serve, wouldn't be in a position of changing those things but in supporting the law of the land as it reads today." --unable to name any Supreme Court decisions other than Roe v. Wade, CBS News interview, Oct. 1, 2008

More plain talkin:

IFILL: Governor, you mentioned a moment ago the constitution might give the vice president more power than it has in the past. Do you believe as Vice President Cheney does, that the Executive Branch does not hold complete sway over the office of the vice presidency, that it it is also a member of the Legislative Branch?

PALIN: Well, our founding fathers were very wise there in allowing through the Constitution much flexibility there in the office of the vice president. And we will do what is best for the American people in tapping into that position and ushering in an agenda that is supportive and cooperative with the president's agenda in that position. Yeah, so I do agree with him that we have a lot of flexibility in there, and we'll do what we have to do to administer very appropriately the plans that are needed for this nation. And it is my executive experience that is partly to be attributed to my pick as V.P. with McCain, not only as a governor, but earlier on as a mayor, as an oil and gas regulator, as a business owner. It is those years of experience on an executive level that will be put to good use in the White House also.

KATIE COURIC: Why isn't it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families who are struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries; allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

SARAH PALIN: That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, were ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health-care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, helping the -- it's got to be all about job creation, too, shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health-care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, scary thing. But one in five jobs being treated in the trade sector today, we've got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that.

Seneca

9. ak15

ak15

"We're tired of hearing about pitbulls since we're in the pits because of their bull."

10. Moh plane talkin from Sarah P:

“I’m the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can’t.’” –Sarah Palin, as quoted by former City Council Member Nick Carney, after he raised objections about the $50,000 she spent renovating the mayor’s office without approval of the city council

“They’re our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.” –Sarah Palin, on her foreign policy insights into Russia, ABC News interview, Sept. 11, 2008

"Oil and coal? Of course, it's a fungible commodity and they don't flag, you know, the molecules, where it's going and where it's not. But in the sense of the Congress today, they know that there are very, very hungry domestic markets that need that oil first. So, I believe that what Congress is going to do, also, is not to allow the export bans to such a degree that it's Americans that get stuck to holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here. It's got to flow into our domestic markets first." --Sarah Palin, billed by John McCain as the nation's foremost expert on energy, clumsily answering a question while speaking off the cuff at a town hall meeting, Grand Rapids, Michigan, Sept. 17, 2008

#10     Oct 31, 2008