Each trader sees real-time bar charts that are unique to them

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by abattia, Mar 23, 2010.

1. all i can say to that is that any pattern that can be invalidated by a slightly different feed is one that should be invalidated by an experienced trader with the same chart it is being produced

#51     Apr 1, 2010
  2. maxpi

maxpi

Data can be quirky, chart packages can be much worse and in ways you won't notice without a really close look... i'm having to make my own indicators to chart Simple Moving Averages correctly in two different chart packages!! I'm astounded that everybody doesn't fail at trading, what a minefield!

#52     Apr 3, 2010
  3. I guess one can ask oneself ...

Is it important to establish exactly what the data SHOULD BE, in some sort of ABSOLUTE sense?

Or would that be a pointless exercise, to be the ONLY TRADER IN THE WORLD who saw it that way?

Perhaps it's best to establish how the MAJORITY of other traders see the data, as that will help you best understand how price might move?

Perhaps the answer depends on which trading style you follow?

Happy Holidays, all!

#53     Apr 3, 2010
  4. thstart

thstart

Very good said.

#54     Apr 3, 2010
  5. thstart

thstart

I just discovered missing minutes in some instruments is some dates in intra-day minutes by minute data from where I get the data from. I believe we are talking about such discrepancies here.

#55     Apr 3, 2010