Each trader sees real-time bar charts that are unique to them

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by abattia, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Yeah, I got to admit this one is quite funny.

#41     Mar 24, 2010
  2. Trading tick charts is for idiots. You will never get synchronization issues right. What is so hilarious is that there are so many traders out there who are trading what they see on the charts and its wrong.

Dumbasses who use technical indicators on tick charts is even more funny.

Just how stupid is that?

#42     Mar 24, 2010
  3. jprad

jprad

Sounds like you're speaking from experience.

How much did you lose and how long did it take before you figured it out?

#43     Mar 24, 2010
  4. You are correct as far as using them to identify an individual candle shape such as a doji.

But you are incorrect as it is my assumption (through analysis and conversation) that most tick chart traders do not look for those individual formations but they use them because it is easier to identify trends hidden in time based charts.

So even these "idiots" as you call them are most likely calling you an idiot because you are failing to identify with the concepts that are most likely in play.

#44     Mar 24, 2010
  5. FT111 does have problems he isn't recognizing.

All display charts can be synched by the nested fractal relationships that originates with the granularity of a market.

By using the non stationarity concept (with respect to optimizing trend segment profit taking) it becomes fairly obvious when a given window kicks in. The slower fractals peel off first and then it comes down to the finest granularity fractals. On the other hand the end of a window occurs almost symultaneously on all fractals.

The three panes I like most for sensitivity to market opportunities are the OTR, S/S and the DOM. OTR depicts the pattern, S/S depicts the smart money leading indicator for trading optimally, and the DOM, in a leading manner, shows the turn value for milking the turn where a series of partial fills are required because of market capacity.

#45     Mar 24, 2010
  6. jem

jem

"Anyone who thinks the market is random.
    Has never made money trading."

JEM

And most likely they have never been to the floor of an exchange.
    Or been in a large trading room with profitable non institutional traders.

#46     Mar 25, 2010
  7. Its common sense.

I've known about this since the early 90's trading SOES.

#47     Mar 27, 2010
  8. i disagree with a major premise of this thread:
    Why should it matter that traders are getting different feeds. The relationship is approximate enough that the same patterns will PROBABLY print
    This is a game of probability anyways,

#48     Apr 1, 2010
  9. jprad

jprad

Sure you did, Sparky, sure you did...

#49     Apr 1, 2010
  10. No, it's really not close at all sometimes

I am sure there are examples out there that you can reference but I have seen 5 different feeds look pretty dissimilar for E-Mini SP. Like I said earlier if you are going for straight single bar formations it is definitely distorted but if looking for the general trend then it is much more "similar".

#50     Apr 1, 2010