EA games and Apex Legends

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by TheBigShort, Feb 17, 2019.

1. TheBigShort

TheBigShort

Hey guys my cousin is a very serious gamer and he told me about a week ago EA games released Apex Legends. The game is already 5x more popular than Fortnite on certain metrics. Fortnite is starting to give away free stuff to get people to come back to Fortnite. I dont have great service right now so I cant upload any graphs, but Apex legends has not really monetized their game (only charging for the top tier "skins" etc..). I think EA games has some legs to run. My cousin says this game will be a house hold name within a month. Anyways, EA games is defiently worth a look for a 1 to 3 month play. Let me know what you guys think.

vanzandt likes this.
  2. Yep, my son and his friends are the same and are talking about it, though they haven't switched from Fortnite yet. I think EA are missing the mobile audience as nearly every one of my son's friends play on iPad or Nintendo Switch. I believe the news that these are released will be good for the stock. I would sell into earnings.

3. Overnight

Overnight

You can't go wrong with EOA. They, and Blizzard will always be at the forefront of gaming. People love games.

Who makes the best games? EOA and Blizzard (Activision)

4. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

The "problem" with EA is its size, which limits the amount of leverage you get on a particular outcome like this. Nonetheless, good for them, I really hate Fortnite lol

Metamega likes this.
  5. Metamega

Metamega

Like stated above, I don’t think you’d see it push EA’s revenue up with the wide arrange of their titles. Believe you’d see FIFA and Madden games are their big titles especially FIFA on a global market.

Plus for every winner theirs a flop. Anthem doesn’t look promising from reviews I’ve seen but gamers are hard critics.

6. Jack1960

Jack1960

EA can go up if momentum of the game continues.

7. The market isn't necessarily rational. Though I agree from a valuation perspective

8. destriero

destriero

My son is level capped and loves Apex. It's significant (IMO) as he's already nearly Global Elite in CS:GO and owns ~$3K in CS:GO skins. They garnered something like 10MM players in the first 4-5 days. I would think that popularity is yet to be reflected in the shares.

I've watched him play and it looks like Overwatch meets COD. Obviously his favorite game right now, and he plays Apex, CS:GO and Siege. He is a phenomenal CS and Siege player. He doesn't play PUBG much, but he's had 32 kills in a single game while level-capped (no bots).

It will be interesting if a secondary market develops for Apex, like CSMONEY (for CS:GO). If so, the game has staying power.

We were talking in the car and my kid stated that the Fortnite guy should have sold the company for $3B when he had the chance. The life cycle of these games is getting shorter and shorter, excluding CS:GO which benefits from the Euro-Majors.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  9. destriero

destriero

My son says that Twitch is averaging well over 300K viewers per day for Apex streamers. Fortnite is around 50-60K.

10. What's the source of the Twitch numbers?

#10     Feb 18, 2019