EA for trading on news. Good for part time traders.

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Andy4Rum, Oct 1, 2018.

1. pipeguy

pipeguy

What about slippage and execution delay at opening&close? I guess you can't predict it with any software.

#21     May 14, 2019
    Andy4Rum likes this.
  2. Andy4Rum

Andy4Rum

sure, exist... but actually, after tests on practice - I found it pretty possible... sometimes, it happends that SL is higher than I set... but most of the time - it comes well... just on very huge fluctuations such things exist... news should be more than just big...

#22     May 16, 2019
  3. pipeguy

pipeguy

Ok, so you use a kind of straddle strategy (i.e. pending orders in both sides) or you open order after news impact becomes clear and price chooses direction? Do you use automated software to open orders or place them manually?

#23     May 16, 2019
    Andy4Rum likes this.
  4. Esha.J

Esha.J

Without testing any EA on Demo, I can not consider it as a Profit earner for NEWS time. So I have to test first the EA.

#24     May 20, 2019
    Andy4Rum likes this.
  5. Andy4Rum

Andy4Rum

no, I use NEWS EA, that set kind of limit orders before news and move up/down on exact distance before news... and just after news time both are fixed... and one-cancel another.
    With right SL/TP and BE(TSL) you may do pretty well...

All you need is good fluctuations... source: http://www.dmurakami.com/eanews4u.htm

[​IMG]

PS: guys are doing well with own free tools, use to get something useful...

#25     May 21, 2019
  6. Andy4Rum

Andy4Rum

Yes, sure... always best way to try demo or cent account (micro lot)... actually, better to use test account instead of demo... quite often saw real difference between demo and real account on same broker. Not too much, but enough to see that demo and real accounts are still different a bit.

#26     May 21, 2019
  7. pipeguy

pipeguy

As I guessed it is news straddle. Good choice man I tried it too but with little luck. Wish you will be better than me and others who failed.

#27     May 22, 2019
    Andy4Rum likes this.
  8. Esha.J

Esha.J

I have never seen any big difference in demo and real accounts but heard that many traders are always arguing about this issue.

#28     May 27, 2019
  9. Overnight

Overnight

If their games coming up suck, short it. If they are looking good, long it.

#29     May 27, 2019
  10. Andy4Rum

Andy4Rum

Don't think I'm better... just maybe found kind of own way to use it... hard to explain, like feel it. But still, I suppose, main success is short SL and good TP (TSL)... it helps to recover fast even on bad activity...

I'm still fight with myself... I use to close profit trades fast... but should allow it to grow... :) because SL is always fixed and comes full

#30     Jun 12, 2019