E-Trade

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by krazykarl, Nov 12, 2007.

1. I'm surprised she held up.

Maybe you get a positive AH news release and gap up on a follow through. I probably would have sold or got stopped out. GL with it.

#51     Nov 21, 2007
  2. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

ETFC saved the day ... I had 6000 shares.. now 4000 @ 4.10 .. its going higher -- the market is oversold we r due 4 a huge buyback i would not be surprised if its goes to 5 next week

#52     Nov 21, 2007
  3. piezoe

piezoe

I wrote Jim Jubak (MSN money columnist) re Etrade buying Brownco from JP Morgan couple years back. Said i thought it would lead to trouble, because their two customer bases were so very different. I think that was the start of Etrade's serious trouble and a very bad business decision. Sort of like Walmart buying Nieman Marcus. If you pay top dollar for another company's assets and that companies assets can walk out the door whenever they choose, you had better think twice about the deal. At the time i expressed the opinion that a merger between Etrade and Ameritrade would make more sense. Now, ironically, Ameritrade has expressed interest in acquiring Etrade. Both are crap brokers, of course, but they are therefore a good match.

If Etrade goes below 4 i'll think maybe of gambling a few bucks. But not until.

#53     Nov 21, 2007
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Glad I bought, this stock is cheap in my opinion its up 2 days now in a row since dipping under $3.75. cnbc announced that they are in talks to be bought out by amtd or schwab. Im sure thats worth at least $7-$8 a share if it does happen. Long at $3.80

#54     Nov 23, 2007
  5. Yeah, they really pumped it. I have no action on it currently.

#55     Nov 23, 2007
  6. S2007S

S2007S

yea they pumped it twice so far, wish I bought more shares....Im looking to sell into this strength, wanted to sell on anything above $4.50 and now now I can, but you never know what may happen this weekend, maybe they sell out to AMTD for $7 or even more....ill hold out for another week hoping it doesn't dip below $4.00, anytime it does, more rumors of buyouts start to happen.

#56     Nov 23, 2007
  7. jazzsax

jazzsax

I'm sure this had a bit to do with the price jump today.

I was in at 4.00. debating getting out now at 5++. Or maybe I'll just sit on it for the ride!

E*Trade In Talks To Sell All Or Portions Of Itself - CNBC

9:57am ET (Dow Jones Newswires)

(MORE TO FOLLOW) Dow Jones Newswires

11-23-07 0956ET

Copyright (c) 2007 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

#57     Nov 23, 2007
  8. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

2 companies looking to aggressively buy etfc.. GS target 6 bucks... the market is still way oversold.. im staying put

#58     Nov 23, 2007
  9. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

Nasdq looking week so far, they r some great buys like csco down here. if i was not so in trenched with it at 31 i would be aggressively buying here.

#59     Nov 23, 2007
  10. Now that the UK Treasury favors Virgin as the bidder for Northern Rock against Buffett, maybe Buffett will look at E*Trade?!?!?

#60     Nov 26, 2007