E-Trade

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by krazykarl, Nov 12, 2007.

1. They are the new poster child for what can go wrong when you are blindly opportunistic.

What was that sucking sound you ask? That was 50% of E-trade's market cap getting flushed.

2. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

lol I have an account with ETRADE. MAKES ME WONDER... If my $$ safe

3. If in doubt, take the $$$ and run.

4. Your money is backed by the FDIC no need to run. They have insurance just like any other brokerage.

5. how long will it take to get your money back though? i probably would move at least some out to a differnt acct

6. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

IF YOUR WORRIED PUT YOUR MONEY IN ETRADE BANK.. FDIC INSURED

7. AAA30

AAA30

bought some @ 3.54 :eek:
    Treating it like an option. I say buyout before BK.

AAA30

8. sprstpd

sprstpd

I had a small amount of money in NetBank when they went under. I couldn't access the money for a few days. After ING acquired them, it was as if nothing had happened. So my downtime was something like 4 or 5 business days. I expect this is abnormal (takes longer usually?) but it is my only experience going through the process.

9. The greed of all these companies is mind boggling. Nothing like issuing a bunch of sub prime paper at the top of a multi year real estate cycle. Don't worry Griff or Warren Jr as I like to call him is ready to give you $.05 on the dollar, which is probably too generous. When your grandma is trying to sell real estate its time to bail.:p

#10     Nov 12, 2007