E*trade Pro

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by PAL5700, Apr 26, 2004.

1. cuz

cuz

It maybe to expensive for them, I know a group that moved out of there, because ETrade was gonna start hitting them up for desk fees.

I can only guess that ETrade was just passing on the cost?

#11     Apr 26, 2004
  2. Sammy...

Does E*Trade provide conversions? Better yet, how is the system for listed trading?

Thanks,

John

#12     May 2, 2004
  3. GSCO

GSCO

I was with tradescape at one point and left to use LASER, for better commissions. Sure enough, a couple of months later I was back using lightspeed.

So for all those genesis people who went looking for lower commissions. They are low for a reason.

#13     May 2, 2004
  4. Serge Pustelnik

Serge Pustelnik Genesis Securities

Obviously, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. We have many traders who tried all the good systems out there and are more than happy with us.
    LightSpeed and Laser are both rated Platinum by nasdaq: http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/cp
    All software have their own +s and minuses: But in terms of speed and reliability, there are few that can compare to Laser.

We currently do 1 - 2% of NASDAQ's trading volume each day
    We had ONE instance of down-time in the past 3 years for 10 minutes
    CPU utilization is under 25%, and in most cases it is under 10%.

Sure, our background color of the box is not easy to change, or maybe you don't like how our icon looks - but the software is rock solid. I recommend everyone to form their opinions from the facts.

#14     May 7, 2004
  5. This whole thing about referrig to laser or any software as good because it is Platinum rated by a regulatory body nobody respects anyway is a bunch of crap. Either it works for you or it doesn't.

#15     May 7, 2004
  6. titan4

titan4

Do they trade futures?

#16     May 7, 2004
  7. Yea, it is. They're doing it for cost cutting. Midtown is just too expensive. Ever since free-spending Cotsakos left, they've done some pretty effective belt tightening.

#17     May 7, 2004
  8. The system allows for trading listed stocks just as efficiently as the naz. I've been scalping NYSE stocks quite a bit lately.

#18     May 7, 2004
  9. #19     May 7, 2004