E-signal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Girlpower, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Ditch

Ditch

check out www.dacharts.com
    A lot people using ensign post their charts there

#41     Jan 5, 2003
  2. trader99

trader99

hi all,

I noticed that e-Signal also offers "paper trading". Is that just for equities? Or can one papertrade eminis, other futures, etc.?

And how realistic is the paper trade simulation? using real-time data feed right? Accurate pic of P/L in RT?

also, eSignal still has this free 30days trial demo right?

just wondering.

thanks,

trader99

#42     Jan 5, 2003
  3. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Hi Natalie,

It is currently possible to code indicators on top of other indicators. In the upcoming release of 7.2, we're adding a formula wizard that will make it much easier to do such things as this. One of the most requested examples of this is what you mention, placing a moving average on an RSI.

At the link below is a formula, which I created, for a MA of RSI. This is the first formula I've created (I'm no programmer!) and it was done thru the Formula Wizard, which is currently in Beta for 7.2. First, download the formula into a folder of your choice. Then add an RSI study to your chart, then add the formula for RSI MA. They will then be in two different study panes. Press the shift key, hold, & click on the RSI MA indicator, drag over the RSI Study and drop. This will give you the RSI Moving Average of the RSI.

Here's the link to my file share site. The file name is; RSI MA.efs.
    http://share.esignal.com/groupcontents.jsp?folder=&groupid=17

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns to this.

Regards,
    Andy S.
    eSignal Support

#43     Jan 6, 2003
  4. Quick question for e-signal.

Is it possible to put a 15min 21 period MA on a 5min chart?

If so, how?

Thanks,

and BTW, you guys are doing a great job.

:)

#44     Jan 6, 2003
  5. You can do it with Advance Chart. You will have to write some lines of code but not very har to do. for an example of that, go on the eSignalCentral website, and check for multiple timeframe studies, you will see easily how to solve you problem.

#45     Jan 7, 2003
  6. opm8

opm8

TonySanDiego,

You can just put a 63 period moving average on your 5 min chart to get what you want. (15 x 21 = 315 "periods", divided by 5 = 63). This MA may not look right at first glance but keep in mind you're looking at a very "zoomed-in" view of the 15 minute MA.

--opm8

#46     Jan 7, 2003
  7. North Pesos,

Thanks, I will look into it.

opm8,

I have taken that approach before. Even though it seems logical, it appeared that it did not give a correct MA. I will rethink and check again.

Thanks,

#47     Jan 7, 2003
  8. 1)Can you make it possible to add formulas to exchange-filtered advanced charts?? Currently, if I want to load today's daily bars or pivots onto a stock chart filtered for NYSE (i.e. C=N) it never loads the bars.

2)Can you give the pivot and OHLC formulas an option to draw the lines across the whole chart at the start of each trading day, as opposed to waiting for the bars to appear? Currently, if it's like 9:45 in the morning, it's very difficult for me to see where those lines are.

3)Can you add the ability to draw a line onto a tick volume advanced chart? (I'm not sure that I'm using the proper name for this chart type, but in the time field for this type of adv chart I'd enter 1000V if I wanted each bar to show 1000shares)

4)Is there an option coming to be able to export time and sales data from the program?? A huge advantage that the sh!tty quote.com feed has over esignal is that you can export like 5 days worth of exchange-filtered data from NYSE and use that data in excel. One thing that is a drawback with esignal is the fact that while I can filter the T&S for NYSE, as soon as I close the program, that data is lost and when I reload, I get NBBO instead of NYSE-only. I'd like to be able to export the filtered (=N) data from the program every day....

#48     Jan 7, 2003
  9. shneed

shneed

When will eSignal display ecn data in the composite view of the NYSE issues?

thanks,
    shneed

#49     Jan 7, 2003
  10. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Hi Bungrider,

Thank you for your post. I've edited in my response to each item below. Thanks, Andy

I am also having a problem getting daily bars on an exchanged filtered symbol. I'll inquire to our QA people on this to see if it's a known issue, I haven't seen it before. I would think that once you have bars/data, you'll be able to apply formulas.

We have received this request in the past. I don't remember exactly the reason why we couldn't presently extend the lines, but I'll forward this on to the developers to keep the pressure on for the desire in adding this feature.

This is another item often requested. While we hope to have this on a future release, it is my understanding that this is a complicated addition. If it wasn't, it would have already been added. Either way, it's high on our developement list & we hope to make available sometime in year 2003.
    There is an option for exporting data, but not Time & Sales. If you have an Advanced Chart open on ADI=N, for example, in tick mode, you can export that data through the "Tools-->Data Export" Feature. Not sure this data is what you are looking for, but thought I'd throw that out there in case you are not familiar with the Data Export feature.

Hope this info helps, let me know if I can be of further help.

Regards,
    Andy S.
    eSignal Support

#50     Jan 7, 2003