E-signal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Girlpower, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Don't know about the limit bit, but you can write a study using Java to produce the analysis you are talking about...

Natalie

#31     Jan 4, 2003
  2. Yes - I had that problem too. At the same times you are talking about... I did a re-boot automatically, but like you I'm using XP and have a more than fast enough machine with loads of memory...

I've also found that if you have tick charts espeically with more than about 3 studies on them they take almost for ever to calculate. If you have a few of them open then there is no chance, and the more charts the more lag.

Minimising some of the charts does help, but when you bring them back up they take a short while to catch up again. It wasn't a band width problem either, becasue I still had spare available.

I thought it was a glitch on my machine when it happened - obviously either a programming bug or a server problem if it wasn't just me...

Natalie

#32     Jan 4, 2003
  3. BCE

BCE

I get this problem probably about once a day. I just close the program and reopen it and that does the trick. Try that maybe instead of rebooting your computer. Good luck.

#33     Jan 5, 2003
  4. I ran into something like that on friday also, and just reset the advanced chart having the problem and it went away (pressed the CTRL key down and clicked the 'OK' of the cursor window's green bar). In my case it was a 3 minute chart.

It rocks to be able to reset an individual chart without having to shut everything down as is the case with every other trading system I've ever used, seen, or heard about.

Cybertrader Pro (latest version anyway) for example would lock up charts, and had a tendency to do so only on charts that you had open positions on...arghhh thats a feature I can live
    without...especially when it takes so long to shut down and restart that application (unlike eSignal, which is quite fast in restarting, so is a viable option).

#34     Jan 5, 2003
  5. So I guess we've found a programming bug - can e-signal fix this one - find out what it is and write and distribute a patch?

Natalie

#35     Jan 5, 2003
  6. Have e-signal considered making their indicators able to be layered on top of eachother.

for example

Plot an rsi, and then plot a moving avarage of the RSI (not the price data) an it be on the RSI pane

or

Be able to plot different indicators on any pane in the chart instead of them being sepparated into sepparate panes and either stacked or underneath eachother?

A simple extra piece of code asking which pane to plot it in would solve that quite easily.

or

being able to plot the rsi of say an avarage of the price instead of the price itself (just examples)

In otherwords being able to plot anything of anything, anywhere you want it, simply and quickly without the need for writing code in Java (which would run much slower and eat more memory)...

It would increase the power of the program enormously, without a huge amount of additional programming work...

Just some thoughts

Natalie

#36     Jan 5, 2003
  7. Quah

Quah

Or - You could just use Ensign for charting your ESignal datafeed since it already does everything you are asking for - and more, and more.

www.ensignsoftware.com

Just a happy customer.

#37     Jan 5, 2003
  8. Quah - is it programmable too? I'll be having a look at the link Thank you for that.

The e-signal feed is really good. The front end is pretty good too...

If what you suggest is an evan better combination I may well go with it...

many thanks

Natalie

#38     Jan 5, 2003
  9. Thanks for the ensign info...I installed and executed it just now. So, Ive only used it for about 5 minutes.

From what I can see, Ensign apparently just uses the reliable eSignal data feed, but not eSignal itself. I just wanted a little more capability inside eSignal. This product attempts to replace it…from what I can gather...

#39     Jan 5, 2003
  10. Quah

Quah

Yes, you can do anything you want with it - using it's own internal "language" or your own.

There is somewhat of a steep learning curve (IMO) for people who are non-programmer types. I don't recommend it to everyone.

#40     Jan 5, 2003