E-signal Tick Charts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Covert, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Covert

Covert

Does anyone else have a problem with e-signal tick charts. I cannot get them to pull in more than a day's data, regardless of the template I'm using. If the e-signal support is watching, or anyone else who may have solved this problem, I would appreciate an answer.
    Thanks

2. Hi Covert,

We haven't had any reports of this type of behavior. Is this symbol specific? If you are still experiencing this, please let us know so we can help.

3. If you haven't done so, set up a time template that requests more than 1 day. I have a 5 day template that I do a user defined interval with the interval being T. I set the number of days to 5 and then apply that interval to the chart. By defining a special setting for T in the template, all my other intervals such as 30 or 60 minutes still bring in the regular amount of data while a tick interval alone brings in exactly 5 days of data.

From what I've been able to figure out, the start/stop time doesn't apply to tick charts and the data comes back in 1 day chunks. With the 5 day template applied, I always get a full 5 days of ticks back, though it usually takes a few seconds to fill in.

Cheers,

Paul

4. cizagui

cizagui

Of course they have problems with tick charts- I complained and got no satisfactory answer beyond pointing to their knowledge base. For that reason I cancelled my subscription to esignal. It also use to crash 2-3 times a day. Other user seem to be Ok but it points to some instability. It realy got worse with their latest upgrade

5. I have tried everything as well, but no joy! Forget help from e-signal. Can anyone help? I also tried what you said Paul. Not working for me...

6. cizagui

cizagui

Too often the timetemplates went back to their default content. Why? - Who knows - eSignal? noooooo......

7. cmaxb

cmaxb

No problems here. But I don't see why they don't offer 30 days.

8. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

If the time template is set-up correctly, you should be able to get 10 days of tick data. I run that test quite often and it works everytime, just as it did a few minutes ago when I tested it again. If we haven't been able to figure it out when you called in, PM me your username and I'll have a support rep contact you.

That applies to anyone else having a similiar problem.

Thanks.