e-signal SLOW charts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by TonySanDiego, Dec 9, 2002.

1. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

I live just norh of San Francisco ( close to Hayward servers ),
    I have a T-1 line - and I also experience this same slowdown -
    I can live with it - but something's wrong.
    I am running the latest Beta Version.

I'm new to eSignal ( 2 weeks ) -
    Was running Tradestation before !

It is gratifying to see eSIgnal Tech's on this forum attempting to address these issue's - I'm encouraged !
    Keep it up !

It's a wonder this stuff works at all !

#61     Dec 16, 2002
  2. Have installed the latest beta available on the e-signal site. And moved it to C drive.

We'll see......

E-signal tech support CALLED ME today to discuss this problem.

Certainly can't complain about their effort. :)

#62     Dec 17, 2002
  3. Tony ,

I had issues with the charts loading slow or not at all in version 7.1 . I went to beta version 7.2 , glad to report no problems now .

Now check this out , I have 2 separate computers at home , and never had the slow chart issue on the other computer running 7.1
    Some of this has to do video cards , long story that I will not bore anyone with the details.
    I had major issues a year ago where I could not run e-sig on my main monitor . I had to run it on my secondary monitor .
    Basically I have been using them since they came out with 7.0 and had been through a number of bugs. E-sig has always been very good with tech support .

#63     Dec 17, 2002
  4. My daily charts don't even pull up today at all, but I did get a private e-mail inquiry from Scott offering help. I sent him the info he requested. Hopefully he can track down the problem.

#64     Dec 17, 2002
  5. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Please exit and restart eSignal. You should get directed to another set of servers. A few of the history servers went into alarm and we are investigating. Too soon to tell if this is related to the sporadic problems others have reported but we have lots of eyes focussed on this now....

Thanks

#65     Dec 17, 2002
  6. My daily charts just came back and now pull up within one second. Time now 10:10am ET Everything working great. Will it last....

#66     Dec 17, 2002
  7. Daily charts just jumping onto the screen today...

:D

I loaded the latest beta... and held my breath. Turned purple pretty quick, but the daily charts were good.

I want this server again tomorrow..

Thanks for the efforts guys..

#67     Dec 17, 2002
  8. Oh dear..

Slow daily charts again today... until I called tech support and got my server changed.. than real quick daily charts.

Seems to be little doubt that e-signal has a server problem. They are coming to the same conclusion.

Shouldn't be long til we get it all straightened out.

#68     Dec 18, 2002