e-signal SLOW charts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by TonySanDiego, Dec 9, 2002.

1. While we're on the topic, it would be nice if MetaStock used IB or RT's datafeed instead of esig and qcharts, the 2 weak sisters in reliability.

#11     Dec 9, 2002
  2. Ditch

Ditch

Which data-feed(s) do you use?

#12     Dec 9, 2002
  3. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

If you are having sustained problems pulling-up charts, we should certainly be able to help improve that situation with some testing and a few suggestions. We typically operate at roughly 50% of our available bandwidth so it's highly unlikely that bandwidth is the issue. It is possible that a problem exists with specific servers or even at one of our 5 server farms.

It's also possible that the route your particular ISP uses to connect to one of farms could be slowing the connection down. We can help with a traceroute and help you decifer the results. We should also check the verison you are using of eSignal, your PC configuration, your individual set-up, etc.

With all due respect to "Ditch", we make every effort to help customers use eSignal as effectively as possible. With a client base hovering near 40,000 users, we have all the incentive in the world to help solve problems and keep customers happy. That's a big reason we are so active in forums like SI, Yahoo, eSignal Central and here. We encourage and promote feedback.

If you've contacted us and haven't been able to resolve the problem, please either PM me here on Elite or email me at sjohnson@esignal.com and I'll assign a Senior Technician to call you directly and work with you until the problem has been resolved.

Thanks,

#13     Dec 9, 2002
  4. A few months ago, I considered subscribing to esignal.

I had a few questions. As I am in Europe, I sent 3 emails to eurosales@esignal.com. Never got any answer.

Subsribed to myTrack.

#14     Dec 9, 2002
  5. I will be on the phone as we speak.. :)

BTW, the price filter is pretty spotty too. At times it will filter on some time frames, but not on others.

#15     Dec 9, 2002
  6. Hmmnnnn...

10 to 15 min wait for tech support.. we'll see how long it really takes..

:(

#16     Dec 9, 2002
  7. Funster

Funster

Now there's the problem right there. Does anyone know of ANY commercial outfit that can give good customer service with so many customers?

They must be signing up a few hundred every week. Churn rate is part of their business model !

#17     Dec 9, 2002
  8. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Hi,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry you never got a response from us. I suspect that we may not have actually received those e-mails.

Let me explain. We have quite a "spam" problem, as many companies do. We get upwards to 10,000 unwanted and unsolicited emails a day. Some of these are designed to try to take down our servers ( hackers ). As a result, we have a filtering mechanism in place so we stop e-mails before they hit our email system. We've had cases that legitimate e-mails have been "filtered" as a result. We make tweaks all the time but until we know of emails we did "not" get, it's hard to adjust accordingly.

If you ever send us an e-mail and don't get a response within a few days ( we typically respond w/in 24 hours if not a few hours ), please call us or visit our LiveRep service.

http://www.esignalcentral.com/support/contact/default.asp

Thanks,

#18     Dec 9, 2002
  9. Well,

I did get someone on the phone in about 5 min.

We did some checking, configurtion, tracert, etc etc, couldn't find any problems.

Of course the dailys come right up NOW..

I will check a couple of things in the morning if (when ??) this happens again and go from there.

Anyone else that is having this problem needs to let them know. They do seem to want to get to the bottom of this.

sigh.... :(

#19     Dec 9, 2002
  10. I do not know if this has been answered on this thread already but ATT is creating the ISP slowdown today.

Comp

#20     Dec 9, 2002