E-signal problems

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SITH, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Both eSignal and Tradestation are lagging by 5 minutes.
    Ugh!

#11     Feb 16, 2005
  2. r-in

r-in

Not sure how widespread, I have 2 platforms up and they are right on, as opposed to my esignal feed which is lagging badly.

#12     Feb 16, 2005
  3. Ditch

Ditch

Which platforms?

#13     Feb 16, 2005
  4. r-in

r-in

I was looking at a Redsky Securities platform, and a newer platform from A&A Trading..its a X-Trader look a like platform.

#14     Feb 16, 2005
  5. WHats up with the DATA feed lag everywhere?

#15     Feb 16, 2005
  6. laocoon

laocoon

eSignal lags IB on the Eurex feed by one full point.....
    This is the second time in 2 days that eSignal is not working properly....WAZZUP!?

#16     Feb 17, 2005
  7. Don't know what the problem is, but I do want to point out that the last time this problem was brought to their attention (Esignal), their reps indicated that it was MY system that was having problems. I went to significant expense and trouble to verify that it was not my system. Ditch asked the right question. Why don't these folks monitor their own system performance and take the initiative to correct deficiencies ASAP. Anybody have an answer?:D :D

I took my business to CQG. Using DTN as a backup.

Really too bad, but in general, these folks only react to people voting with their wallets.

Good luck,
    Lefty.

#17     Feb 17, 2005
  8. laocoon

laocoon

Lefty,

What is your experience with CQG & DTN so far? Are they really more stable in the long run?

Thanks

#18     Feb 17, 2005
  9. For $14 a month, Esignal could open an IB account and compare these quote speed to 40 different contacts via the API. But they don't.

Runningbear

#19     Feb 17, 2005
  10. Yes, more expensive but consistent service.

#20     Feb 17, 2005