E-Signal - Poor European data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by toby400, Mar 7, 2003.

1. toby400

toby400

Yes...European markets are now covered by DTN :

"Toby,

I appologize for any misinformation you may have received. We do carry the Eurex and EuroNext exchanges. They are fairly new to our product offering, which may be why you were given conflicting information. Our DTN.IQ product currently provides Eurex data. This product provides a charting engine with real time, daily, weekly, monthly and (x)minute charting increments. DTN.IQ is available for $44.50(US) per month plus exchange fees when paid on an annual basis. More information is available at www.dtniq.com. We also offer a 7 day trial via the website.

Thank you for your interest in DTN Market Access, and I hope we are able to meet your trading information needs!

Jay Froscheiser
    Vice President, Product Operations
    DTN Market Access, LLC.
    www.dtniq.com | www.finwin.com | www.iqfeed.net
    www.dtnmarketaccess.com"

Hope this helps.

#11     Mar 8, 2003

2. Ditch,

Have you tried DTN? Is it any better than ESignal for Eurex?

Thanks.

#12     Mar 15, 2003
  3. Ditch

Ditch

I checked out the Eurex-data of DTN in comparison with IB, it lags about 1 sec. which is probably the best you will get from a data vendor, because Eurex has a policy to favor it's members on this.

#13     Mar 17, 2003
  4. Here we go again. Two days in a row now of HUGE lag in data from Esignal from Europe when there is a little volume swell. Totally ridiculous ! It stops one from trading. More than 15 seconds of delay and it last for 10 - 15 minutes. CAC40 is usually worse than DAX or ESTX. I have been sending these reports to Esignal with the same response coming back each time. "sorry, we are working on this" .

This post is not intended to harm. It is information sharing.

#14     Mar 19, 2003
  5. Ditch

Ditch

E-signal is the American Express of the data-vendors: bragging about themselves all the time, while they charge the highest fee and deliver the poorest product.

#15     Mar 19, 2003
  6. Funster

Funster

the final straw for me was esignal not working on my pc at all.

As a result I have signed up for Mytrack with Sierracharts.

With Eurex, where Esignal was spot on some times but lagged terribly when the markets were busy, it seems that mytrack is consistently around 1 second behind realtime, come rain or shine.

This you can forgive considering this option is less than half the price of esignal.

Besides which if you always have one eye on your TWS or JTrader price feed as I do, it is entirely workable except for the those nanosecond trading strategies !

#16     Mar 19, 2003
  7. Ditch

Ditch

Why don't you use IB with Sierra, even cheaper and faster?

#17     Mar 19, 2003
  8. Funster

Funster

Ditch

IB isnt my broker and besides which it is not "data on demand"

#18     Mar 19, 2003